• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Offensive Line

A certain someone is hitting the bottle a little too hard. To sum up for you, offensive linemen aren't athletic and this certain is a master evaluator of talent.
Not sure where offensive linemen aren’t athletic comes from, as our coaches look for athletic offensive linemen on the recruiting trail. I wonder if Scott has ever been able to find what he wants or if he’s been blanked for four years?

Always interesting to see where a certain few posters take every single thread. Sad!

Not sure where offensive linemen aren’t athletic comes from, as our coaches look for athletic offensive linemen on the recruiting trail. I wonder if Scott has ever been able to find what he wants or if he’s been blanked for four years?

Always interesting to see where a certain few posters take every single thread. Sad!

I'm actually enjoying it today. Maybe the holidays are getting to me or I'm a masochist.

Or one could assume that *** is just a fine actor, having fun playing the role of a fictional character.

scammed.gif

You have been banned and vacationed for your relentless PA against another poster.

IF you come back from vacation and continue to do this next time will see a lengthy time away from this board.

RR

You guys are arguing with a tennis player (self identified) about football? This is the sama guy who couldn't figure out how to put on shoulder pads. Let that sink in. I'm sure most of his ignorant rant about o linemen is just a way to try to insult *** anyway.

I played football, too. But I was never asked to play on the offensive line. My skills were needed for the QB and half back positions. I did not have size and strength. As a football player, speed and athleticism were my primary assets. I gave up football for tennis because they were played during the same season. But that's OK. While football is fun, tennis is a sport one can play for a lifetime.

My view of offensive linemen has nothing to do with ***. Check my record. I have never offered a evaluations of offensive linemen for the reasons I cited.

Do what you will Red Reign, but know this: You have allowed countless personal attacks on me with no repercussions.

And know this as well....I don't believe much (if anything) that *** leads us to believe about himself or his relationship with our football program. And why should I? There is no evidence to back it up.

Last edited:

So nobody knows anything about ***'s football career, so therefore we can only assume that he had one and we can only assume that he has any access or inside connections to our football program. That's very interesting. Thanks for the info!

Given the secrecy that *** maintains, I suppose we could assume that ***'s "inside access" to our football program could be a result of just about anything.

1*MSjylLuMagMpE_N_L34-xw.jpeg

man-eavsdropping.jpg

07112013_Wiretapping_article.jpg

field_H.jpg

shapeimage_1.png

I am going to talk David about giving us all a break by sending you away for a lengthy period

RR

I just skim through posts any more. the first 3-4 pages are usually pretty informative than the drifters hit. Pathetic.

In your response to the length subject, we certainly don't move the LOS forward and blow people of the line and we aren't going to in this offense. Be we will certainly be re-setting that line moving it off the edges. Thus, your comment on everybody will be pulling at one time or another is more than valid. and length helps us get the size, strength and athleticism we need to make the offense work.

I have been trying to think of a successful football coach who thought that offensive linemen didn't need to be athletic: I'm drawing a blank. I grew up playing small school football, and the successful coaches tended to all agree on one maxim: "It's easier for a small back to fit through a big hole than trying to get a big back to squeeze through a small hole." The coaches who consistently won championships were experts at identifying strong athletic kids as early as possible and grooming them to become great O-linemen. Probably the most successful high school coach in South Dakota in my lifetime was Coach Mueller at West Central who won more state championships than he didn't for a couple decades. He put his best athletes in the O-line every year, and he would pull 2 or 3 in any direction on any play, and nobody could stop them. He was coaching at what was then the 2nd highest level of football in the state, and he had plenty of offers to move up if he had wanted. If you had told him that O-linemen don't need to be athletic, he would have laughed at you, and then he would have tried to schedule games with your team.

Yes, whenever you read an article about the greatest athletes of all time, sumo wrestlers, shot putters, and offensive linemen are always at or near the top of the list.

:confused:

You’ve moved the goalposts. You were referring to “elite athletes” before. Now the standard has been revised to “greatest athletes of all time”.

Really at this point I could care less if @ShortSideOption only competed at peewee for his highest level of competition. Obviously the breakdown thread that everyone enjoys about player responsibilities and assignments has shown he is a student of the game and brings a knowledge level about football that is beyond the causal fan. Some people seem to be worked up and are concerned that he doesn’t have a big enough jock to figure out the game. See signature file Cuban quote on why I encourage many to keep posting. (Unless they have that right administratively revoked.)

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back