1. You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.
    Dismiss Notice

Offensive Line

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by YUENGLING, Dec 21, 2018.

1. Bugsker

Bugsker Recruit 2 Year Member

my thoughts as well

Bluffsker likes this.
  2. South Omaha Husker

South Omaha Husker Red Shirt 2 Year Member

On the height issue, Benhart did seem to have a few struggles in the AA game, maybe it was due to him playing at only 280? I do think once you get to 6'8, 6'9, you are bordering on being too tall and the key is: Can they bend at the knees, not the waist. I was watching the Alabama Clemson game and Alabama's linemen just looked different than anything I've ever seen. It was like they had the perfect body types. I think we can get there, but it will be through development as they are obviously getting ready made players when they are high 4 star and 5 star players.

3. Bluffsker

Bluffsker Recruit

I suspect youre right. Very possible these boys grow another inch or too also. From what I've seen, their bodies look to still be growing.

4. Huskerthom

Huskerthom Blackshirt 2 Year Member

The guy is a championship level wrestler. You can not be that without knowing how to bend at the knees. According to literally every expert that watched the game. they saw it differently. Other than one or two situations. He did a pretty good job against the absolute best guys in the country. He literally was going against the best player in the country. So that is like saying the TX OL was terrible because they could not stop Suh.

5. Dakota Husker

Dakota Husker Recruit

I'm a South Dakota kid living in North Dakota now, so I've been inundated with NDSU football games on free TV for the past decade. The last couple of years, the Bison have had a kid named Tanner Volson playing center: 6'4" and 306 lbs. He is extremely athletic and they would constantly use him as a pulling center in their blocking schemes. During the playoffs against a 4-3 defensive line, the Bison went with a tight end beside the left tackle. The guards matched up with the two defensive tackles, the tight end blocked the defensive end, and they pulled the center and left tackle. I'm an admitted novice about blocking schemes, but long post short, I've come to the conclusion that athletic linemen who can all move/pull on any given play really poses a difficult read for defenses and can create perimeter mismatches that allows skill position speed to dominate in the running and screen passing game.

6. HuskerGene

HuskerGene A work in progress 5 Year Member

Nice first post. Welcome!

7. Redfish

Redfish Red Shirt 5 Year Member

Welcome! And a great post to kickoff with!

8. Huskerthom

Huskerthom Blackshirt 2 Year Member

Great post but just curious. South Dakota wasn't cold enough? You had to move more north? JK welcome aboard.

9. South Omaha Husker

South Omaha Husker Red Shirt 2 Year Member

To clarify, I said he had a few struggles, not that he sucked. The statement I made was for tall players was that they needed to bend at the knees, not at the waist. I didn't specifically say Benhart and I acknowledged that he had to cut weight. And yes he did have a few struggles and I watched and listened and I am well aware of who he was going against. Must be a slow news day :)

Huskerthom likes this.
  10. EastOfEden

EastOfEden Red Shirt 10 Year Member

I want guys like that OG for the Colts that they showed plowing Clowney into the ground. Get a couple of those.

BigNed and ColombianHusker like this.
  11. ShortSideOption

ShortSideOption All Big 10 10 Year Member

You mean the five star recruit who became the 6th overall draft pick and was the first Colts rookie selected to the Pro Bowl? May as well just ask for five of them ;)

12. EastOfEden

EastOfEden Red Shirt 10 Year Member

OK. I'd go alog with that. What a shot that was.

13. Fort Husker

Fort Husker Recruit

Seems like the staff cooled on Danielson Ike too because of concerns about his weight. Looked like a prime candidate to be the next Jalin Barnett.

14. 36Blast

36Blast Slow Blinker

Great point....and I think you are right.

15. canadianhusker

canadianhusker Red Shirt 10 Year Member

they say Lebron's 2nd biggest decision besides heading to South Beach was whether to enter the NBA draft or take that tennis scholarship to Akron.

goodnterribles likes this.