• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Numbers - Breakdown guesses?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going with :

Total commits - 24

BDTBH* - 24

* Burning Desire To Be Huskers

We have a really good kicker from Alabammy committed.

You would think Nebraska would never have a problem recruiting a kicker
We've traditionally had very good results with walkon kickers. But this year, I'm happy we have a good scholarship K recruit.

With Frost resurrecting the walk-on program, I wouldn't be surprised if we don't see another K/P offer going out for a long, long time.

I said in another thread 24-25 based on attrition and the 3 over-signs

Basing it on somethings I have read and heard​

Last edited:

Any graduate transfers the staffs worked with that may want to come to Lincoln for their last year?

Even if we don't fill all of our scholarships with high school/Juco recruits at signing day, we'll find ways to bring in talent. One of the things I liked about Frost's roster management at UCF was that he used some of his open scholarships on late transfers (four year and Juco). We haven't seen a lot of four years transfers at Nebraska (Lee, Williams, and Rose?) in recent years.

In 2016 he brought in:
LB/S Christian Lezzer (Boston College) on 6/1/16.
LB Shawn Burgess-Becker (Alabama) on 6/22/16.

In 2017 he brought in:
OG Parker Boudreaux (Notre Dame) on 6/14/17.
TE Jake Hescock (Wisconsin) on 7/28/17.
CB Aaron Robinson (Alabama) on 7/29/17.
CB Mike Hughes (North Carolina/Garden City CC) on 8/18/17.
DL Canton Kaumatule (Oregon) on 8/25/17.

I don’t see a scholarship for a holder so all of the above posts are currently invalid. The holder can be redshirted since Darlington will be a senior in 2018. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Has anyone seen the amount of people we are going after for this class, or what the breakdown would look like? It's all a guess at this point, but i'll put what i'm thinking out there and go from there:

Total 22 commits

QB - 2
RB - 2
WR - 4 *I think RB/WR may have some interchangeable parts
TE - 1
OL - 2
DL - 4
LB - 2 *I think we could also go 3 DL and 3 LB, we have some talent sitting on the DL
DB - 4
K - 1

I think WR and DB are our most obvious needs. I think we need help at LB, but we have a ton of guys coming back only losing Newby and Weber.

Has anyone seen a guess or an article on this?

I think the tough part is the coaches don't have a lot of time with current players. i could envision the number increasing to 22 come January after the coaches get a chance to sit and talk with the current players. IE: They sit down with Tanner Lee, he says no im leaving, or they sit down with some other kid and they dont get a warm fuzzy they'll stay. Also they could sit down and tell a kid, look you just arent a good fit, you might be better off going somewhere else, etc. Then we'd pick up a few spots before the February signing day.

Last edited:
I'm hearing there are 3 (for certain) that will be gone. Not naming names - this isn't the place for it; a couple of are obvious, so 18 + 3 + 3 makes 24. My recruiting needs analysis is fairly similar to everyone else's.

QB (1) Don't count on Wilson showing up if we get Martinez.
RB (2) One need is a "scat-back hybrid" type.
WR (5) Huge need.
TE (1) One more can't hurt.
OL (2) big #s on scholarship; want to see them coached up.
DL (3) 3 SRs and 3 JRs on the roster
DE (2) Don't be surprised to see a couple of current LBs dropped down to DE.
LB (3) big #s on scholarship; want to see them coached up.
DB (5) Huge need.

Here’s a list of current (known) offers and we know the staff is reaching out to current offerees and some de-commits.

QB Adrian Martinez
RB Jashaun Corbin
RB Greg Bell (JUCO)
APB Jerome Ford
APB Javian Hawkins
WR Tommy Bush
WR Jaron Woodyard (JUCO)
WR Byron Hanspard
WR Joshua Fleeks
WR Jalen Knox
OG Caedan Wallace
OT Jahmir Johnson (JUCO)