• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Charles Njoku commits to UCLA

Status
Not open for further replies.

They have been down (using their standards) since Wooden left much like Nebraska since Osborne . Pauelly Pavillion is a cathedral. Blew me away first time I went their. My nephew graduated from their and got his MD degree their too. Great academic school almost as good as my alma mater UCSD ;)

They did win a national title in 95.

What took UCLA so long?
Maybe a question he should ask.

UCLA's recruiting under Kelly has been something of a curiosity. He's gone the exact opposite route from most programs in terms of how he approaches offers. Instead of using an offer as an initial notification of interest, they extended only committable offers to a comparatively very small number of recruits. The idea was that they were being very selective, evaluating all the intangibles about a player and not just talent. In turn, I suspect Kelly hoped that a UCLA offer would be viewed as a bigger deal because so few got one.

But it's really backfired on him this year. Their class, to this point, has only one 4-star in the 247 composite and ranks 8th in the Pac 12 and 47th nationally - this after Mora stockpiled blue chips for years. Even UCLA recruiting sites, who naturally want to spin things in a positive light, have openly questioned Kelly's recruiting strategy. Didn't help that they lost out on their #1 prospect in QB Jayden Daniels to ASU, along with several other targets (like Javin Wright to NU).

I think that's why we see UCLA chasing a few of our prospects right now - Steven Parker also coming to mind. They're really scrambling to salvage a strange year of recruiting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back