• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

NU Hires Bill Moos from Washington State: Will Not Change Coaches Mid-Sesaon

Not sure if this has been brought up, but is it possible that Rimington comes back in two years and trains under Moos until he retires before taking over?

I get the impression that Rimington doesn't want the head job. I could see him wanting a position as an assistant AD in charge of walkons and former players.

Can you honestly say that we have a chance at 7-5?
You know what's sad, if you look at the schedule, it is very favorable to us.

All of our up coming games, our opponents play very difficult, physical teams before they play us. They are likey to have injury depleted rosters, which would help us.

The reason cornfield is saying what he does and I feel the same dull pain in my gut, is we keep doing the same things as we have over the last three years. Not conducive to hope for the remaining games.

Coach Riley needs to rally not only his team but build a sense of hope for the future and "I'm getting better recruits" just isn't enough, change on the field is needed.

Well, I honestly can't say that I was excited about this hire, I'll keep an open mind. Besides it's out of my control, it's done and he's a now a husker and I will support him and hope he keeps his string of impressive hires alive. I am bothered by the fact that we have a habit of giving golden parachutes to near retirees who have nothing to lose. 5 years 5+ million dollar golden parachute. If he succeeds, in 5 years, he retires a millionaire. If he fails, in five years he retires a millionaire. Either way we are looking for a new AD in roughly 5 years.
I tend to agree... not so sure on this hire, but I will certainly give him a chance. Again, I'm not sure why we continuously hire these guys at the end of their career. The good thing is that an AD is more of an ambassador for the university... a figure head that doesn't have to get in the trenches. Yes, they make some tough decisions, but not nearly the physical grind of being a head coach in a major sport. I'm hoping his wisdom puts the right things in place.

As for demand...we will find out in about 6 weeks. I think he will not be at the top of lists for places like Tenn and some of the other major programs. If they offer him it will be after a few others say no.
Butch Jones was number 5 when he was hired - according to sources in Knoxville.

Any place is going to want to win right away. Frost took a great first job with minimal expectations. Now, UCF will probably play in a new years six bowl in year 2!! YEAR 2. Tennessee and TAM are not very attractive jobs right now. Tennessee hasn't been a contender since Phil fulmer in 97 (irony), and TAM is full of controversy. Nebraska is in such a unique place right now. Riley is 61 and the new AD is 66....both of them have a max of 5 years. Question is: Is Riley the guy Moos is going to have lead the program?
you're mistaken - If Tennessee doesn't lose to LSU in the SEC title game, they would've played Miami instead of Nebraska in 2001.

I live in Knoxville and the parallels between Nebraska and Tennessee are very interesting.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back