• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

NOT TO SOUND SEXIST BUT...

RedRover

Recruit
10 Year Member
Reading through these recipes and wondering how many of these have been submitted and prepared by men. My spouse's idea of good eats is a frozen pizza. When he prepared it himself, he didn't take the cardboard out from under it.:banghead:
So much for gormet food prep!

More men cook then you might think....when my wife and I dated, I cooked much of the food....she and my daughter do much more now....and its more of a hobby for them, than its is for me...especially my daughter who has become quite the chef with new recipies we have enjoyed...

I will do the majority of the cooking for the holiday meals if we are having it at my house or on occasions that I am craving something different from the usual meals. (Gumbo, Chili, Texas Caviar, Lazagne, etc.) I cook when I want something GOOD! You can tell my wife I said that, she already knows. :) I get my inspiration from Alton Brown's show 'Good Eats' on the food network. I make a few of his recipe's (gumbo, Thanksgiving turkey (Never dry!))

I would love to have a female cook for me, but all the ladies I have met are not as good at cooking as I am

I do more cooking than my wife in our house.

Big Red Dutchess is an excellent cook. I'm more or less like Martha Stewart's little people, chopping stuff, mixing spices, getting this ingrediant and that ingrediant. However, when it comes to the grill and smoker, that is my sacred territory.

The rule in our house is the one who cooks doesn't have to clean up. My spouse spend lots of time cleaning up after me.

Do you all agree that one of the hardest things about meal prep is just figuring out what to cook?

This is a fun site on the HuskerMax Board. Keep posting so that I can try some of your recipes!

Reading through these recipes and wondering how many of these have been submitted and prepared by men. My spouse's idea of good eats is a frozen pizza. When he prepared it himself, he didn't take the cardboard out from under it.:banghead:
So much for gormet food prep!

He is not alone. My father-in-law, who NEVER cooks, had to fend for himself once and did the same thing.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back