• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Not looking good

Very damaging loss. I stand by my statement that one lost in last three and get to the conference tourney final and we are in. But we suffered the worst loss possible of the three. So I don't know. Win the next 4 and we are likley in. Anything less than that , we won't be. Oh well. Still a fun season and reason for hope. Not giving up on this year. And it has been fun to watch. And I wouldn't even be that disappointed if we don't get in. A few things in the team's control just haven't gone their way.

I really thought they would handle the circumstances better.

I don't see NU making it even if they can win both the regular season games and the first two tourney games. The B1G just isn't getting any love, and losing to the cellar dweller when they knew they had to win out to stand a chance probably cost them.

Have to win the B1G tourney to get in I believe.

Otherwise, NIT champs again maybe ? ! New goals.

Three weeks ago when NU had 7 games left most thought we would be good to go if they went 5-2 down the stretch. They are still in great position to go 6-1.

Losing to Illinois was not ideal, but it is really not that surprising in my mind. Illinois has played a lot of good teams really close and have come close to winning a lot of those games. Losing to Indiana would not be any better.

A am definitely a believer in a loss making a team refocus and that loss may be the thing that gets them to focus for a nice stretch run. If they win the next 2 and then 1 in the tournament I think they are in, if they win 2 in the tournament they are a lock.

Not that it's the be all end all but Joe lunadri just put out his latest brackets & still has Nebraska as one of the 1st four outs. Kinda surprised by that. Take the next 2 and 1 in the Big 10 tourney and we still have a legit shot.

One thing to keep in mind, is that the B1G tournament takes place a week earlier this year. That means other teams on the bubble will have a chance to nudge NU out while NU is sitting at home. The committee shouldn't select teams based on recency bias, but by the time Selection Sunday happens, NU may not have played a game in 8 or 9 days.

Not that it's the be all end all but Joe lunadri just put out his latest brackets & still has Nebraska as one of the 1st four outs. Kinda surprised by that. Take the next 2 and 1 in the Big 10 tourney and we still have a legit shot.

And he has 3 Pac-12 teams slotted ahead of NU, which is a good thing since they all have to play each other eventually.

That's on Delaney as well as scheduling two conference games early in the season.

I get the urge to have the tournament in NYC, but I think it was a bad move, and not because it could negatively impact NU. Barclay's Center is in Brooklyn, and while not MSG, it gets you in the NYC media market.

I get the urge to have the tournament in NYC, but I think it was a bad move, and not because it could negatively impact NU. Barclay's Center is in Brooklyn, and while not MSG, it gets you in the NYC media market.

I don't really have a problem where, just when. I do see your point though.

well, I hope we get a #1 or #2 in the NIT and get some more home games, if we don't make the NCAA's. Which it now doesn't look like we will. I hope I'm wrong. But I don't think this was the kind of game that will age well until the selection is done on Mar 11.

well, I hope we get a #1 or #2 in the NIT and get some more home games, if we don't make the NCAA's. Which it now doesn't look like we will. I hope I'm wrong. But I don't think this was the kind of game that will age well until the selection is done on Mar 11.
It could age better if Michigan does the same to Michigan State tomorrow and wins the championship on Sunday.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back