• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Not looking good

Knight

Red Shirt
20 Year Member
I am super excited about the season. It think we are playing well. We are doing all we can at this point in the season. Winning. I truly thought going 11-7 in the conference would get us in the NCAA tourney. I no longer feel that way. Obviously, 11-7 at this point would mean a losing streak. I have read a lot of national speculation about how the committee decides and what they look at . And of course at all the predictions. I truly think now that we have to win out (maybe we could survive a PSU loss) AND win two games in the conf tourney against Mich, MSU, OSU or Purdue. Wins against other teams will not help. That means we need to get to the finals. I think that is possible but not likely. But who knows, we are on a good run now.

I don't totally understand ( I know it is metrics) why a conference is seen as down versus another one with similar records is strong. I suppose it has a lot to do with non conference performance. But once in the conference all you can do is win. And we are doing that.

A 3-1 finish gives nu a very good shot. 4-1 is a.lead pipe lock.

Root for PSU to beat purdue and Michigan. That will get their rpi up and people talking about them. Beating them at that point would be noteworthy.

Last edited:

Here is the line to all the pdf Team Sheets that the selection committee looks at... updated through last night. We are 20-1 vs Quads 2, 3 & 4. The only Q1 chance we had that was at home was Kansas... all other chances have been on the road.

https://extra.ncaa.org/solutions/rpi/Stats Library/Feb. 15, 2018 Team Sheets.pdf

For those interested... 3 Power Conference teams have missed the dance with 23 wins... no power team has ever missed with 24 or more.

Our season so far is very comparable to 2010 Virginia Tech who was left out after going 23-7 (10-6)... I only hope we win out and get that first win in the B1G tourney. I think if we lose 1 of the remaining 3 regular season games... we are doomed.

Let's start by beating Illinois Sunday.
I want a 30+ point road win... will be our 5th conference road win too boot... Nice noticeable middle finger to the country... then have Tim Miles point out on post game presser that Illinois is a fine basketball team who already beat Missouri this year.

I want a 30+ point road win... will be our 5th conference road win too boot... Nice noticeable middle finger to the country... then have Tim Miles point out on post game presser that Illinois is a fine basketball team who already beat Missouri this year.

I assume that is sarcasm?

A 3-1 finish gives nu a very good shot. 4-1 is a.lead pipe lock.

Root for PSU to beat purdue and Michigan. That will get their rpi up and people talking about them. Beating them at that point would be noteworthy.

Depends on who that tourney win is against.

Wow, the most recent Joe Lunardi bracket has Texas as one of the last 4 in. They are 15-11, 5-8, 9th place in conf. They've pulled off a couple upsets, but who cares? Their overall body of work is meh.

Agree? Disagree? This stuff can drive a man crazy. :thumbsup:

Wow, the most recent Joe Lunardi bracket has Texas as one of the last 4 in. They are 15-11, 5-8, 9th place in conf. They've pulled off a couple upsets, but who cares? Their overall body of work is meh.

Agree? Disagree? This stuff can drive a man crazy. :thumbsup:
If those Texasing idiots make the tourney(and we don't) with a losing conference record and no more than 17 / 18 wins, I will be highly upset, considering we already have 20 wins and 22 appears to be a lock, perhaps even 23, some committee heads would need to be lopped off, nice and clean like, right at the shoulders....

Yup, we need to dispatch Illinois first, then wollop Indiana, and then pack the vault, get that place rocking, and knock PSU right the Texas out.

You need to change the title of this thread to:
LOOKING REALLY GOOD

GO BIG RED!!!!!:N:

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back