• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Northwestern opens as an 8.5 favorite Update: Down to 3.5

You can't hold Fitzgerald to the same standard as any other Big Ten coach. Due to higher academic standards, NWU's recruiting classes are never going to average higher than 50ish.

The average class over the past 4 years was ranked 11th in the Big Ten, so Fitzgerald faces a talent deficit about 75% of the time he coaches a game in-conference. Playing .500 ball is a solid in that scenario.

I wouldn't trade Frost for Fitzgerald, but he'd be the next man up for me out of Big Ten coaches.
good post. using way too many facts though.lol

as for the thread title about the point spread, i think even the oddsmakers are having tough time figuring out how to rate the huskers. last 2 weeks, wisconsin opens at 22 then drops to 17.5. northwestern starts at 8.5 then drops to 3.5 . that doesnt happen that often, in all my years as a small time better. Just wish i would of bet todays game earlier at 8.5, but will still take the huskers at 3.5. GBR

I hope McElroy ends up being wrong. But can you blame him for that pick?

Can’t blame for picking NW, but I would question the enthusiastic certainty to which he made the claim. The Bear said he wouldn’t touch this game. The Bear is wise.

Can’t blame for picking NW, but I would question the enthusiastic certainty to which he made the claim. The Bear said he wouldn’t touch this game. The Bear is wise.
But he did say. IF he had to pick it. He would choose the Huskers

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back