• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Northwestern joins the facilities arms race

I don't like indoor practice field. Football is a part of weather .... rain or shine, cold or hot, gusty or calm.

How about Ryan Stadium? No improvements? Need to fire all NW groundskeepers (assuming natural grass).

Hey Huskers ...... Keeping up with the Kardashians Northwesterns :Biggrin:

TdcbBmj.png

UfhMH0U.png

nzdQoC6.png

wwZe1Iy.png

Rename from Memorial to Warren Buffett Stadium.

Last edited:

I don't like indoor practice field. Football is a part of weather .... rain or shine, cold or hot, gusty or calm.

How about Ryan Stadium? No improvements? Need to fire all NW groundskeepers (assuming natural grass).

Hey Huskers ...... Keeping up with the Kardashians Northwesterns :Biggrin:

TdcbBmj.png

UfhMH0U.png

nzdQoC6.png

wwZe1Iy.png

Rename from Memorial to Warren Buffett Stadium.
To most of your changes ESPECIALLY the hedges H... I mean NO.

Sometimes the elements make it impossible to practice outside. Lightning, hail, heavy snow, etc...
Not to mention it is hard to put in an offense when they are focused on being cold. I agree that a percentage of the practices should be outside to get them used to the elements. It is not necessary to be out there the whole time.

No matter how nice their practice field is, they still have an actual playing field where, if you walk around it, one side is an alley and where inside I can sit in row 70 on one side of the stadium and shout "hello" at my niece in row 6 on the other side of the stadium and she could hear me! Been there, done that. But they do have a really nice grass surface.

Kind of thought that NW was going to play all games inside as well, Should be plenty of room for all their fans.

Definitely an impressive facility that can’t hurt with recruiting. Way to take advantage of the inherent beauty of the location. Now they need to do the same with a new stadium along the water.

Definitely an impressive facility that can’t hurt with recruiting. Way to take advantage of the inherent beauty of the location. Now they need to do the same with a new stadium along the water.

I'd imagine a new stadium is next on the agenda.

Will it come with fan attendance other than those visiting to watch NwU's opponent?

You have to create fan interest with a good product on the field and with an enjoyable venue. I think this is a step in the right direction. Not sure why some folks here are seem so down on NW trying to improve their product?? Afraid of a little better competition?
Even with crap facilities and fan support, NW has still managed to be a thorn in our side in the West, so perhaps the joke is on us, not them.
It sure wouldn't hurt the Big Ten to have the likes of NW and Minnesota to raise their game a bit to even the balance between the divisions.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back