• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Noah Fant

bucktril

Travel Squad
20 Year Member
We really missed on this kid. He will be an all-conference TE before his senior year.

I believe we slow-played him a little and projected him at a position(DE) that he was not very enamored with.

I thought it was our staff was slow playing him and didn't recruit him that hard. Either way, it'd be nice to have him.

Oh they did slow play him badly. That started with Pelini and then MR really dropped the ball with him.

I am sorry, but I am of the opinion that if you got a kid in state rated at least a 3* he needs to be offered and locked down coming to Nebraska. I get tired of passing up local kids because they may grade another kid a little higher on raw talent. I get tired of well, he isn't a super fit for what we want to do, or we project him at a different position.

I am really tired of seeing players go to Iowa and Minnesota and Stanford because we passed on them.

I don't believe Riley slow played him all that much, but we sent Hughes after him to recruit him for DE. I said from the beginning of his recruitment he would be a terrible DE recruit. Once we got rid of Hughes and we decided we wanted him at TE, we tried getting him to listen to us but it was too late.

I think people are jumping the gun in acting like Fant is showing to be some great player. He may end up being just that, but he hasn't exactly shown it yet.

Would I take him over our TEs? Yes, but that's not exactly saying much.

I don't believe Riley slow played him all that much, but we sent Hughes after him to recruit him for DE. I said from the beginning of his recruitment he would be a terrible DE recruit. Once we got rid of Hughes and we decided we wanted him at TE, we tried getting him to listen to us but it was too late.[/QUOT

Sorry wasn't inferring that MR slowed played him, but he did drop the ball on his recruitment.

Last edited:
Sorry wasn't inferring that MR slowed played him, but he did drop the ball on his recruitment.

Yep, Hughes blew it and Fant developed a relationship with the Iowa coaches, then it was too late for us. He's a smart kid and they convinced him that their academics were better, at least that's what I was told by folks close to the South coaching staff. We could desperately use him right now, kid is an absolute stud.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back