• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Matthew Pola-Mao will not be visiting before NSD

The long range forecasts for next couple weeks is pretty decent so who wouldn't want to visit Lincoln Nebraska

Incorrect. He is 4 years removed from HS.
Discovery want more info? Send PM if so.

Looks like a few more writers are putting in theirs CBs for Noa. Great news. GBR.

Interesting to see who the 2nd corner who will be brought into this class... My money is on Mayo. I’m hearing the coaches are fading from Jamal Starks.

:Nsmilie:

Last edited:
I thought it was pretty much accepted by anyone who follows recruiting, long before Wiltfong put in his CB, that Gates was most likely going to be a Husker.

I know Clouse hasn't wavered from that for well over a month.

I thought it was pretty much accepted by anyone who follows recruiting, long before Wiltfong put in his CB, that Gates was most likely going to be a Husker.

I know Clouse hasn't wavered from that for well over a month.
The same Nate Clouse with a 73% accuracy rate and known for his homer picks? I like him but I take his picks with a grain of salt. I think there was confidence, but by no means was it accepted or in the bag that he was coming...especially after the rash of USC CB's that rolled in. Logically, it seemed to make sense that he was an NU lean, but we've had much more certainty with other recruits...

Last edited:
Initially, I was wishing NPG did a hat ceremony for the all-star game this weekend to help our PR mentions, but you've got to figure it'll help us with our in-roads to the polynesian pipeline.
This is NOT insider information, but here's the way that the logic flows. If you watched NPG do his interviews with various sportswriters, he could easily have made anyone of them believe that he is coming to their school because he only gave positive thoughts on his final three, and he'd expand on them when anyone asked from any school. I assume that this was why the USC guy convinced himself that that was where he was going. He did the same with his interviews with Nebraska folks, so we're just as susceptible. However, ...

He roomed with Ty Robinson, and he apparently spent time with Wandale. If he's coming to Nebraska, I'd be shocked if he didn't tell them and then asked them to keep it quiet until the 19th. I don't think that it's meant to be a secret so much as he wants it to be suspenseful and exciting when he announces, and he wants it to be connected to the Polynesian Bowl. I assume that this was why the recent CB went towards Nebraska: one of our signees said something off the record. When you add in that he's coming to visit with his cousin after announcing his commitment, and when you read the assurances given by those in this thread who have real access to the kind of off-the-record info that I just described, I'm confident that he's planning on declaring for us on the 19th.

If all of that sounds like reading tea leaves, it kind of is, but that's why we come here, and if you spend enough time hear you start to figure out who is usually right.

When I was watching all the top P5 programs with their hat ceremonies at the Army All-American Bowl this weekend, I found myself wishing NPG was doing his to get us that same exposure. But the more I think about it, you've got to figure it'll help us with our in-roads to the Polynesian pipeline connecting it to the Polynesian Bowl. And it's admirable that he's helping give that bowl more exposure.

The same Nate Clouse with a 73% accuracy rate and known for his homer picks? I like him but I take his picks with a grain of salt. I think there was confidence, but by no means was it accepted or in the bag that he was coming...especially after the rash of USC CB's that rolled in. Logically, it seemed to make sense that he was an NU lean, but we've had much more certainty with other recruits...
Clouse is solid. Anyone can have a 90+% success rate if they continuously change their picks a day before a decision.

But you missed the point. Wiltfong was late to the party on this one. Most signs have pointed to NPG choosing Nebraska for awhile now. Recruiting, anything can happen, but the signs have been there.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back