1. You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.
    Dismiss Notice

No surprise Fields eligible to play at Ohio State

Discussion in 'Football' started by OPHusker, Feb 8, 2019.

1. wcbsas

wcbsas All Legend 15 Year Member

In today’s ultra PC world to deny him immediate eligibility would be risking a lawsuit. It’s a shame but this was so predictable even before he declared his intent to transfer.

Hville and Lurker44 like this.
  2. Lurker44

Lurker44 Recruit

Vedral had a whole sale coaching change at his school, which IMO should be a legitimate reason to consider instant eligibility.

Fields got his feelings hurt by someone not even on the same sports team. This behavior could happen anywhere.

As already posted this wasn’t going to be rejected because of legal recourse. Nobody would touch this with a 10’ pole and risk litigation or being labeled a racist.

the fountainhead and cthusker like this.
  3. cthusker

cthusker You talken to me? 5 Year Member

So now I suppose there is a perfect blueprint for instant elegability...

4. Lavaman

Lavaman Rebel Scum 5 Year Member

Screw that. If you want to be the best, you've got to beat the best. I want us to beat Bucky when they are frickin #1, and I hope that everyone can get back to that attitude soon.

We used to look forward to playing the top dogs, now we hope that the top dogs in our conference get into a slump so we can take advantage.

I hope we (Big 10) take as much talent away from the SEC as possible.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2019
    Farmer Jake, huskermike and Lurker44 like this.
  5. Beareye

Beareye Red Shirt 2 Year Member

I get what you are saying, but it's been about 20 years since we won a conference title. At this point, I am taking a more Machiavellian approach... by any means necessary.

huskermike and Hville like this.
  6. cthusker

Lets remember OSU with a better team imo and home field just scraped by last season. I honestly believe Nebraska has at least 50-50 shot at beating them in Lincoln regardless of their QB.....

Let them bring it because we'll be 4-0 when they show up in Lincoln.......... :nod:

7. Hville

Hville Junior Varsity 2 Year Member

Unfortunately I sometimes put into perspective that OSU sometimes plays to their competition. I remember a certain time in 2016 where we were 7-1 with a OT loss in Wisconsin and we thought we had a chance with Ohio State. 62-3 later.....not really. :Biggrin: Luckily we have a different culture now.

8. cthusker

Then OSU had better plan on playing UP in Lincon this season........ :D

huskermike and Hville like this.
  9. Bleed Red

Bleed Red Red Shirt 2 Year Member

Officially the wild, wild west. But as the OP said, no surprise, this was as given as UM coaching in 2018.

10. Huskerpilk

Huskerpilk Junior Varsity 5 Year Member

So I'm a 5* who just got beat out by the new shiny kid on the roster. I arrange a few hecklers to make a scene and pooof....I'm eligible to transfer to my next dream school. Its predictable given the PC hypocrisy and the NCAA impotence.

Elwood von Kiowa likes this.
  11. Middle-aged_Ball_Coach

Middle-aged_Ball_Coach Recruit

Machiavelli never said that, but Malcolm X did.

And FTR, yes, I teach social studies classes, and in answer to your follow up question of "Who cares?" I do. I care. ;-)

12. Beareye

Beareye Red Shirt 2 Year Member

It is not a direct Machiavelli quote, but rather a phrase that summarizes his philosophy or M.O.

In my mind, "By any means necessary" is another way of saying "Let the end justify the means".

13. Middle-aged_Ball_Coach

Middle-aged_Ball_Coach Recruit

Yeah, but ... Machiavelli didn't say that either. You need to re-read your copy of The Prince, and we can have a retest on Monday.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 16, 2019
    anotherdumbprediction likes this.
  14. anotherdumbprediction

anotherdumbprediction Recruit

03B80EDC-0084-4DA6-B4BD-715AB4B1648C.jpeg
    I think he meant Makavelli. Tupac’s alias taken from N Machiavelli.

15. Elwood von Kiowa

Elwood von Kiowa Grad Assistant 5 Year Member

I want to ask if anyone knows what was said, but maybe we shouldn't go there...