• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Nike Sucks

watching that UNC-Duke game last night, seeing ZW tearing through the shoe was unreal

feel terrible for him, hope he's OK long term... wonder if he might shut it down & just wait for the draft.

He truly needs to shut it down and wait for the draft. I feel for the kid too and even though I Hate duke, I don't want to see anything bad happen to Zion. I am hoping my Sacramento Kings can snag him somehow!

I remember blowing out shoes from time to time, and I think it's a combination of Z's size, and the fact he's making moves and cuts that are almost guard-like. We all know Nike can create a kevlar based combat boot that would hold up under just about anything, but players like lighter. Years ago there was a Shoe company called Beta. They advertised that they were the lightest shoes on the market. Our high school coach must have gotten some scratch from the rep and made us all buy them as the 'team shoe'. Both the other center and myself blew out the side just like Zion within the first week just running lines at the end of practice. The hard plant and push, and poof, the sole all but fell off. Light weight comes with some limitations.

I remember blowing out shoes from time to time, and I think it's a combination of Z's size, and the fact he's making moves and cuts that are almost guard-like. We all know Nike can create a kevlar based combat boot that would hold up under just about anything, but players like lighter. Years ago there was a Shoe company called Beta. They advertised that they were the lightest shoes on the market. Our high school coach must have gotten some scratch from the rep and made us all buy them as the 'team shoe'. Both the other center and myself blew out the side just like Zion within the first week just running lines at the end of practice. The hard plant and push, and poof, the sole all but fell off. Light weight comes with some limitations.

Wow, I wore Betas in high school tennis (I might just be channeling my inner Paramus here). Unbelievably light; felt great. But not durable at all. They were all the rage for a couple of years. I had forgotten all about them.

I'm kinda ambivalent about Nike, having not owned a pair of their shoes in well over 20 years. I hated the last pair I owned, but can't say one way or another now. Like my Skechers though.

I'm kinda ambivalent about Nike, having not owned a pair of their shoes in well over 20 years. I hated the last pair I owned, but can't say one way or another now. Like my Skechers though.
My old feet love sketchers wide shoes and soft, memory foam insoles.

My old feet love sketchers wide shoes and soft, memory foam insoles.
Same here. I have both work shoes and daily wear Shechers and will be buying a new daily wear pair soon, after all this snow melts as I don't want to get them dirty. LOL...

I have 2 pair of Nike's, both Air Max shoes that I got years ago. They are heavy but the most comfortable shoes I've ever owned, more like slippers since I don't lace them up, and they are durable. Of course they are expensive so I wouldn't buy another pair now that I've gone cheap in my life :)

If you look at that shoe. It is poorly stitched. Where are all of the "we need to be a NIKE school" people.

When it comes to Nike I say...

I never have.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back