1. You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.
    Dismiss Notice

NHL 2018/2019 Season

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by redwinghusker, Sep 16, 2018.

1. redwinghusker

redwinghusker All Big 10 5 Year Member

Boys, it's my favorite time of year! Football is in full swing, the weather is cooling down and NHL training camps have opened up!

Hope reigns supreme for your favorite team. My hope is for the Wings to be in the playoff conversation in March. Will the Caps repeat? Are the Sharks going to take the next step getting Karlson in the last couple of days? What holds for Steve Yzerman's future after this season, stepping down right before camp started?

Lots of little stories to watch. I want to see the next USA vs Canada junior game after the US got jobbed, literally in the final second at the Ivan Hlinka Tournament last month. Excited for the season to start soon.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2018
    Red Reign and ColoREDo like this.
  2. ColoREDo

ColoREDo REDo posts matter!!! 10 Year Member

Amen, brother!

Expectations are low for the Rangers this year but I am excited to see all of the new talent on the roster.

3. Red Reign

Red Reign Husker Immortal 10 Year Member

Yeah and the video review malarkey was crap. In fairness though the Canadian Press even thought we got jobbed

https://edmontonsun.com/sports/hockey/jones-controversy-at-hlinka-gretzky-cup-as-usa-gets-robbed

As for the Rangers in the 18-19 season. Not expecting much and think the coaching hire was a crap shoot at best. Going to be a long season.

4. redwinghusker

Nice to see at least one news outlet in Canada thought it was crap. The TSN crew took a more delicate approach.

5. redwinghusker

Nifty little finish in 3 on 3 OT for the Rangers in beating the Devils tonight 4-3.

6. Red Reign

Local Edmonton Paper to boot.

7. Red Reign

Sounds like the new coach will not name a Captain this year. I hate that crap with a purple passion.

8. redwinghusker

It sounds like Detroit is going to go with 3 "A"'s as well.

9. Red Reign

Sorry to see such a great player like Zetterberg end his career with such a chronic issue as his back has become.

What a great player and future Hall of Famer. Also end of a great era for the Wings.

Like I said I hate when coaches do that.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2018
  10. ColoREDo

10 days until the NHL starts for real and since football is sucking for me both college and pro it can't get here fast enough.

Rangers will make the playoffs. Thats my prediction. Now its the NHL and most of the league does but I think this team is going to get better throughout the season and surprise some people. Hank will have to be better than the last couple of seasons because his defense is a work in progress and likely to be below average but we have a lot of young talent that can skate and score.

I think next season they will be much better but this year will give fans some hope.

11. Red Reign

On another note our ECHL season home opener is 20 October. Our third year as season ticket holders. Looking forward to going to the rink again.

12. bugeater61

bugeater61 Kill All Humans 15 Year Member

Which team? We used to support the Wranglers until they were dropped. Those games were a lot of fun to go see.

13. Red Reign

Rapid City Rush. Yeah its a blast. The Captain who has been with club 9 seasons is a good friend and an assist to the community. Great league and tons of fun

14. Red Reign

I went to a game or two when Vegas was in the IHL

15. ColoREDo

Opening night is finally here.