• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

NHL 2017-18

Lindgren has lots of upside and he is a defensive defenseman which the Rangers desperately need as few of our defensemen know how to defend...especially when McDonagh is gone.

Spooner is likely to be flipped. Don't expect him to be a Ranger long.

The Rangers have done an about face in how they are building a team and because of that, they now have a crap ton of picks in the 2018 draft. Its the way it should be done. There are going to be some down seasons but it could pay off huge in a few years.

Last edited:

8kkbma2z4ei01.jpg

Boston fans are very unhappy for what they gave up for a rental player.
They reacted badly at first but when they have crunched the numbers, most are good with it now. It all depends on how Lindgren develops. Getting something for Spooner and relieving cap hits as well is a plus for them.

Its risky for them for sure especially when you consider that Nash tends to disappear off the scoring sheet in the playoffs.

One thing is for sure, McDonagh's price just went up. This deal sets the market high whether 27 is dealt in the next 24 hours or in the offseason.

Last edited:
I am just glad to be the team that is not sacrificing the future for once. Rangers have made some awful trades that have destroyed our system and they never got us a championship. I like how they have committed to going young and doing a total rebuild. I feel sorry for Hank and Zuccarello(if he stays) but thats the business.

We get Shestyorkin once his contract is up from the KHL in 3 years. The timing sounds about right for him to take over in goal and for the Rangers to be an elite team again.

Ranger fans losing it because they think we gave up way too much for nothing but promise...only time will tell.

One thing is for sure, with all of the draft picks we have stacked up, look for the Rangers to make a deal to get into the top 5 of the draft.

The Lightning have as many players from the '13-'14 Rangers roster as the Rangers do.:confused:

Report: McDonagh/TJ Miller traded to Lightning.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nhl/new...donagh-to-lightning/lwryoip8g7pi1wgys55e34xcj

NOT OFFICIAL as of 3PM MST.

Not a fan of trading McDonagh and moving JT Miller too bad move by the Rangers. Defenseman like Ryan do not come a long very often

Miller at 24 is a budding star to boot AND neither are a rental player.

This team is going to take a nose dive for awhile with the leadership they traded away. Not to mention the skill. I am all for rebuilding but not gutting a team like this.

Its great to have three first round picks this season however none will be high. Bottom line they better get it right with what they gave up. Because this team is going to struggle the next few years unless they get a Crosby like prospect.

Not a fan of this trade at all for what they got in return. At first blush the Rangers got fleeced big time

Last edited:

Ranger fans losing it because they think we gave up way too much for nothing but promise...only time will tell.

One thing is for sure, with all of the draft picks we have stacked up, look for the Rangers to make a deal to get into the top 5 of the draft.

We did very bad trade.

Draft picks are great but not when all three all low first round picks. They better do something or the GM may get tarred and feathered and run out of town

Leadership wise huge hit after already losing Nash

Not a fan of trading McDonagh and moving JT Miller too bad move by the Rangers. Defenseman like Ryan do not come a long very often

Miller at 24 is a budding star to boot AND neither are a rental player.

This team is going to take a nose dive for awhile with the leadership they traded away. Not to mention the skill. I am all for rebuilding but not gutting a team like this.

Its great to have three first round picks this season however none will be high. Bottom line they better get it right with what they gave up. Because this team is going to struggle the next few years unless they get a Crosby like prospect.

Not a fan of this trade at all for what they got in return. At first blush the Rangers got fleeced big time
This team wasn't very good when it was healthy early. Something needed to be done and they are doing it. They have failed far too many times trying to get one piece and destroying the future to do so. The Rangers had many good players but no elite players outside of goaltender and you can't win in the NHL doing that.

This team wasn't very good when it was healthy early. Something needed to be done and they are doing it. They have failed far too many times trying to get one piece and destroying the future to do so. The Rangers had many good players but no elite players outside of goaltender and you can't win in the NHL doing that.

This trade in my opinion was a bad one. I have no issue with the other trades. This one I do. We can argue all day along about who was or could be elite. In my opinion they gave up way too much in this trade. Other than a first rounder Tampa Bay gave up none of their top players or prospects.

Its going to get a lot worst before it gets better for the Rangers. They better hope this move works because this is the trade the fans etc. will hold them accountable for.

This trade in my opinion was a bad one. I have no issue with the other trades. This one I do. We can argue all day along about who was or could be elite. In my opinion they gave up way too much in this trade. Other than a first rounder Tampa Bay gave up none of their top players or prospects.

Its going to get a lot worst before it gets better for the Rangers. They better hope this move works because this is the trade the fans etc. will hold them accountable for.
Of course its going to get worse. Thats how you rebuild. They aren't trying to win now. All of these trades are going to be judged 5 years down the line. On paper as it stands today, this trade looks potentially bad. But Namestnikov is basically an even trade for Miller on paper. Then for McDonagh you have Howden who kicked ass for team Canada and was a 1st round pick in 2016 and Hajek, a 2nd round pick in 2016. Not to mention the Lightning 1st round pick this year and potentially another 1st round pick in 2019 if they win the cup. It could end up being a fantastic move for both teams if you rationally look at the situations both are in.

As it stands, I have no issue with the trade but I do realize that its a risk/reward type of deal.

I also have no issues getting rid of Nash who got paid elite money for just good performance. Except in the playoffs where he was just average.

I also love that the teams best playmaker in Zuccarello is still there not to mention Kreider, Zibanijad, and Hayes(who I an not sold on). The young guys like Skjei, Vesey, Buchnevich, Fast and DeAngelo are a solid nucleus to build around.

The team is going to address their needs in getting a true #1 center, left-handed shooters and stay at home defensemen. I can't wait to see what NYR does in the draft. I wouldn't be surprised to see them trade up to get the Swede Dahlin as he is the type of player to build a team around.

Last edited:

Of course its going to get worse. Thats how you rebuild. They aren't trying to win now. All of these trades are going to be judged 5 years down the line. On paper as it stands today, this trade looks potentially bad. But Namestnikov is basically an even trade for Miller on paper. Then for McDonagh you have Howden who kicked ass for team Canada and was a 1st round pick in 2016 and Hajek, a 2nd round pick in 2016. Not to mention the Lightning 1st round pick this year and potentially another 1st round pick in 2019 if they win the cup. It could end up being a fantastic move for both teams if you rationally look at the situations both are in.

As it stands, I have no issue with the trade but I do realize that its a risk/reward type of deal.

I also have no issues getting rid of Nash who got paid elite money for just good performance. Except in the playoffs where he was just average.

I also love that the teams best playmaker in Zuccarello is still there not to mention Kreider, Zibanijad, and Hayes(who I an not sold on). The young guys like Skjei, Vesey, Buchnevich, Fast and DeAngelo are a solid nucleus to build around.

The team is going to address their needs in getting a true #1 center, left-handed shooters and stay at home defensemen. I can't wait to see what NYR does in the draft. I wouldn't be surprised to see them trade up to get the Swede Dahlin as he is the type of player to build a team around.

Howden kicked as for the Jr Canada team to set the record straight. He is still playing in the Jr's. I am not ready to annonite him just yet.

McDonagh was ranked the #35 player in the league by his peers before the season stared. Not to mention his leadership.

Feeling is first blush a win for Tampa Bay

Like I said I have no issues with the other trades. This one in my opinion they gave up proven young talent in what is a real gamble on any scale.

They better hit a homerun with three first round and two second round picks. With at least two to three of them playing in the very near if not immediate future.

This deal to me just does not make sense other than they were going to have to pay McDonagh elite money after next season.

Howden kicked as for the Jr Canada team to set the record straight. He is still playing in the Jr's. I am not ready to annonite him just yet.

McDonagh was ranked the #35 player in the league by his peers before the season stared. Not to mention his leadership.

Feeling is first blush a win for Tampa Bay

Like I said I have no issues with the other trades. This one in my opinion they gave up proven young talent in what is a real gamble on any scale.

They better hit a homerun with three first round and two second round picks. With at least two to three of them playing in the very near if not immediate future.

This deal to me just does not make sense other than they were going to have to pay McDonagh elite money after next season.
McDonagh isn't a game changer. He is a very solid plus defenseman but not a game changer. He is a piece to a puzzle that makes TB more complete but the Rangers are missing far too many pieces. If they were a guy or two away they would not have been selling everyone off.

And I wouldn't count on having three picks in the 1st round on draft day.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back