• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

NFL Discussion Thread

So, how about those Chiefs? 5-0, and last night's game wasn't nearly as close as the score reads. I had that game pegged for a loss. Having played a tough MNF game, then to travel on a short week against a playmaking QB was going to be tough. They kept Watson in check until the game was decided, but then all Houston did was just chuck downfield and hope.

Also, KC already has a 2 game lead for best record in the AFC, and could really start to put some distance between the rest of the field with a win over Pittsburgh Sunday.

Last edited:
So, how about those Chiefs? 5-0, and last night's game wasn't nearly as close as the score reads. I had that game pegged for a loss. Having played a tough MNF game, then to travel on a short week against a playmaking QB was going to be tough. They kept Watson in check until the game was decided, but then all Houston did was just chuck downfield and hope.

Also, KC already has a 2 game lead for best record in the AFC, and could really start to put some distance between the rest of the field with a win over Pittsburgh Sunday.
I would take the Chiefs over any other AFC team. They always find a way to blow it though.

I would take the Chiefs over any other AFC team. They always find a way to blow it though.

The Chiefs playoff history since winning Super Bowl IV is almost like a Greek tragedy. People talk a lot about other teams' playoff woes, but other than the Bills, the Chiefs rank right up there. Losing the longest game in NFL history, Lin Elliot, no-punt game, second-largest comeback in NFL history, and the no TD loss. Throw in nondescript games like the 23-point loss at home to Baltimore in 2010, and losing to a eventual Denver championship team at Arrowhead by 4 points in 1997, and I am totally confident in KC falling short in the playoffs.

It is a noticeable difference. Problem is, it seems like he's injured more often than he's healthy.
Yeah, he is very injury prone, the run defense sucks without him so we use safety help and our dbs are too young to be one on one.

Last edited:
What a huge, huge, huge win for the Eagles tonight!

If there were any doubt before tonight (understandable), there shouldn't be any longer.

Awesome defensive line. And Carson Wentz is becoming a superstar!

Philly is a true contender!

E-A-G-L-E-S! Eagles!

Last edited:
Broken collarbone for Aaron Rodgers...Green Bay can't go that far without him.

Broken collarbone for Aaron Rodgers...Green Bay can't go that far without him.

Yep. Their playoff chances took a huge hit. Went from being one of the top three teams in the NFC and a Super Bowl contender -- to now a team in big-time trouble. I feel bad for Packers fans.

Meanwhile, it was a great day for the Eagles ... without even playing! Philadelphia now owns the best record in the NFC and tied for the best record in the NFL! Woot!

This season is as wide-open as any NFL season I can remember.

Last edited:

Blah performance from KC, but Pittsburgh has KC's number. I was surprised the Chiefs played well enough in the second half to have a chance to win at the end, but they didn't deserve to be 6-0. Short week now, and a tough trip to Oakland.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back