• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

NFL Discussion Thread

I listened to Tony Romo do the color commentary for the Packers game yesterday. He is really, really good. I wish his voice was a bit more dynamic, but he is extremely knowledgeable and translates it to the audience very well.
I think Romo is outstanding. You are right that he doesn't have the typical announcing voice but his insight is fantastic.
A few years ago, I got to talk with Tony Romo for about 30 minutes. I came away really impressed by him. Super nice guy, very personable, very intelligent. A young couple came up to him, while we were talking, and they both had Romo jerseys on, the guy sheepishly asked if he could get Romo's autograph. Romo responded with, "Do you have your phone on you?" And he insisted on taking a picture with both of them, he got in the middle and put his arms around the two, as another person took the photo. He then preceded to autograph both of their jerseys. Great guy, very cool to talk to.

With the Packers victory, they now hold a 95-94-6 edge over the Bears and lead the series for the first time since Dec 11, 1932.

Last edited:
Never did I envision Buffalo getting back-to-back wins over the Broncos and Falcons.

They'll find a way to screw it up against the Bengals next week.

The Vikings...where knees go to die. Dalvin Cook's likely ACL tear really hurts my fantasy football money league team.:Bananalazy:

Watson is the real deal. Underdog at home turned into a blowout win for the Texans.

Never did I envision Buffalo getting back-to-back wins over the Broncos and Falcons.

They'll find a way to screw it up against the Bengals next week.

That was awesome! Those are two playoff teams the Bills beat. Though I'm less sold on the Falcons.

Congrats to your Bills.

Today was upset city in the NFL. I think the favorites didn't win more than three games. Crazy Sunday that really has the league wide-open now. Man, the Patriots defense is pathetic! Hah! And the Rams are for real. Crazy!

Oh ... and Fly Eagles Fly .... 3-1 now! First in the NFC East.

A few years ago, I got to talk with Tony Romo for about 30 minutes. I came away really impressed by him. Super nice guy, very personable, very intelligent. A young couple came up to him, while we were talking, and they both had Romo jerseys on, the guy sheepishly asked if he could get Romo's autograph. Romo responded with, "Do you have your phone on you?" And he insisted on taking a picture with both of them, he got in the middle and put his arms around the two, as another person took the photo. He then preceded to autograph both of their jerseys. Great guy, very cool to talk to.

That's a great story!

I enjoy hearing him do color commentary, as I've already mentioned. He has an amazing knack of knowing what play will be called in-advance.

Further evidence that sports and Los Angeles should never be one.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...-los-angeles-chargers-feel-visiting-team-home

Winless on the team's three-game homestand in a new city, the Los Angeles Chargers can point to one thing that has been consistent: opposing fans taking over the stadium.

It started with the Miami Dolphins, when some Chargers' players initially thought Younghoe Koo had made his potential winning field goal attempt from 44 yards because of the Dolphins' fans screaming their approval when his kick sailed wide right.

The following week, Kansas City Chiefs fans filled the 27,000-seat stadium with red, making it look like Arrowhead Stadium West.

And on Sunday, Philadelphia Eagles fans were perhaps the rowdiest of the three games.

The Chargers were loudly booed coming out of the tunnel for player introductions. And the stadium filled mostly with fans clad in green Philadelphia Eagles' gear chanting "Let's go Eagles" -- basically taking over the facility in terms of crowd noise with their team salting away a 26-24 victory at the end of the game.

"We kind of knew," Eagles center Jason Kelce told reporters after the game. "We heard I guess on StubHub like 70 percent of the sales were from the Philadelphia area, so we kind of knew it was going to be at least close. And then right when you came out of the locker room to open the game, the cheers for Philadelphia coming out, we knew it was going to be a big crowd for us."

Added Eagles tackle Jason Peters: "It's almost like the Chargers got 16 away games. It's going to be tough sledding for those guys."

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...-los-angeles-chargers-feel-visiting-team-home

Winless on the team's three-game homestand in a new city, the Los Angeles Chargers can point to one thing that has been consistent: opposing fans taking over the stadium.

It started with the Miami Dolphins, when some Chargers' players initially thought Younghoe Koo had made his potential winning field goal attempt from 44 yards because of the Dolphins' fans screaming their approval when his kick sailed wide right.

The following week, Kansas City Chiefs fans filled the 27,000-seat stadium with red, making it look like Arrowhead Stadium West.

And on Sunday, Philadelphia Eagles fans were perhaps the rowdiest of the three games.

The Chargers were loudly booed coming out of the tunnel for player introductions. And the stadium filled mostly with fans clad in green Philadelphia Eagles' gear chanting "Let's go Eagles" -- basically taking over the facility in terms of crowd noise with their team salting away a 26-24 victory at the end of the game.

"We kind of knew," Eagles center Jason Kelce told reporters after the game. "We heard I guess on StubHub like 70 percent of the sales were from the Philadelphia area, so we kind of knew it was going to be at least close. And then right when you came out of the locker room to open the game, the cheers for Philadelphia coming out, we knew it was going to be a big crowd for us."

Added Eagles tackle Jason Peters: "It's almost like the Chargers got 16 away games. It's going to be tough sledding for those guys."

We're doing just fine. USC football at the Coliseum is a blast and I love going to Kings games at the Staples Center. Two Stanley Cups since 2012! Plus the Rams are looking pretty good so far this season!

Nothing beats Saturdays at Memorial Stadium but we've got some good stuff out here. And LeBron will probably be coming to LA in 2018...

Last edited:

Las Vegas is going to have problems with opposing team fans as well. Going to Vegas is fun anyway but to watch your team play as well? Fantastic.

This is so much more a "San Diego Chargers" fans problem than it is an "LA" fan problem. The Chargers owners got greedy and tried to force a stadium on the taxpayers. Screw the Chargers, and their owners, I hope they never have a winning season again....hahahaha..... Seriously though, this article has way more to do with the Chargers franchise, than anything to do with L.A. I would think that that would be obvious.

Las Vegas is going to have problems with opposing team fans as well. Going to Vegas is fun anyway but to watch your team play as well? Fantastic.

And this is what happened at the Chargers home venue yesterday.

Eagles fans dominated. (Sorry, I know you won't really want to watch this -- hahah!)

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back