• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

NFL Discussion Thread

Who said he wasn't good enough to start at NU?:Confused:

Lots of folks on HM were clamoring and insinuating that when we recruited him from Texas and even during his playing days. There were posts that when he was getting time from Helu and Helu graduated the talk became who started next.......then when we got Ameer, then when he was being put up for Heisman then when folks were talking to Bo about his chances of playing in the NFL etc....

The dude has literally been an underestimated athlete his entire career. When your own state program doesn't recruit you (UT) that is a major crap imo. Hell the Bengals thought they were getting a fullback. Hilarious.......the dude only posted top 5 in 7 areas at the combine.

How many of those guys would've been first or second rounders?

Crazy.........just glad he is finally getting the credit he deserves and is earning. Nothing better than when people disprove arm chair football "talent experts" imo.

Last edited:
Lots of folks on HM were clamoring and insinuating that when we recruited him from Texas and even during his playing days. There were posts that when he was getting time from Helu and Helu graduated the talk became who started next.......then when we got Ameer, then when he was being put up for Heisman then when folks were talking to Bo about his chances of playing in the NFL etc....

The dude has literally been an underestimated athlete his entire career. When your own state program doesn't recruit you (UT) that is a major crap imo. Hell the Bengals thought they were getting a fullback. Hilarious.......the dude only posted top 5 in 7 areas at the combine.

How many of those guys would've been first or second rounders?

Crazy.........just glad he is finally getting the credit he deserves and is earning. Nothing better than when people disprove arm chair football "talent experts" imo.
I don't remember anyone dissing Rex at Nebraska. And I am glad he found a role in NE.

My reaction when I actually have to root for the Eagles tonight:

giphy.gif

And I thought I couldn't hate the Eagles any more than I did.:mad:

Yes, I'm assuming you mean by Seattle winning and what that does to Dallas.

I go back to that forward lateral that the Eagles didn't challenge. Killer. Not that Philly deserved to win. But that was critical.

The Vikings look like best team in the NFC.
I think the NFC is up for grabs. The Vikes look really good...especially when you consider their 3rd string QB is playing and their top RB was lost early in the season. But Philly, New Orleans, and Atlanta are all dangerous and able to come out of the NFC. Despite what Seattle did to the Eagles last night, I don't see them putting a playoff run together. Rodgers is returning to GB practice but it might be too late for them.

Last edited:

Gee, I wonder what that feels like?

It feels even worse. Considering Philly is currently the top seed in the NFC. Has never won a Super Bowl. Their best chance since 2004. And it's probably gone. This late in the season. Argh! About the only thing I can hope for ... I do think Foles is a better-than-average backup. They really need to rely on the run game, which they do have. But Wentz was probably the MVP of the NFL.

Even worse.. Wentz is my QB in my money league. And Kamara was my #2 best player on my fantasy team. Poof in round one of the playoffs (actually, if Burkhead goes off on MNF football, I have a slim chance).

To have both real sports and fantasy sports destroyed so easily. It's just proof I should avoid sports entirely.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back