• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

NFL Discussion Thread

The Dallas defense is legit. The offense is still suspect but played well today.

Yeah -- I figured going into yesterday's game with JAX, it would be something like a 17-13 type of game. There is no doubt the Cowboys D is one of the best in the NFL. Top 5 for sure. And that will most times give your team a chance. But 40 points on the Jags!?! Impressive. Looks like the only team eliminated from the NFC East are the Giants.

A team not many are talking about are the Dolphins. And freakin Brock Osweiler shredded the very solid Bears defense yesterday. What in the hell is going on!? The Fins are 4-2. I have no love for anything related to Miami or the state of Florida -- but this is a pretty good story.

Last edited:
A team not many are talking about are the Dolphins. And freakin Brock Osweiler shredded the very solid Bears defense yesterday. What in the hell is going on!? The Fins are 4-2. I have no love for anything related to Miami or the state of Florida -- but this is a pretty good story.
They have played pretty well but got smacked down hard by the Pats. That division has some up and coming teams with the Fins and Jets........ Pats have an extremely difficult schedule left playing the Bears, Vikes, Steelers and GB....... Also beating the Jets and Fins isn't a given either.

I was however really happy to see them beat KC last night............

I'm not totally sold on Miami. They've lost to the only two playoff caliber teams they've faced so far, and both were by double-digits (31 points against NE). I have no doubt Miami will be 7-2 going into its game at Green Bay, but their schedule is incredibly easy. Same goes for San Diego. Good record so far, but their four wins have come against bad teams.

Don't know how to feel about KC's loss at NE. On one had, it was great to see them work back and take a lead in the 4th, on the other hand, I know this is how the playoffs will look. I really, really hope that KC is being extra cautious with Berry and Houston.

I thought Mahomes looked uncomfortable the first half and was happy to see him settle down during the second half. I think a game like this will really help him in the long run. I'm still upset about the lack of defense though. I realize NE is really good and the receiver match ups were in their favor but if KC really wants to get to the super bowl they're going to have to put more emphasis on the defensive side. There will be games where the offense isn't clicking enough to out score their opponent and just a little help from the defense could make all the difference.

Yeah -- I figured going into yesterday's game with JAX, it would be something like a 17-13 type of game. There is no doubt the Cowboys D is one of the best in the NFL. Top 5 for sure. And that will most times give your team a chance. But 40 points on the Jags!?! Impressive. Looks like the only team eliminated from the NFC East are the Giants.
I thought the Giants would be a lot better this year with the additions to the OL and Barkley but the OL still is pretty poor.

Its the Bears. BO loves playing the Bears.

I'm not totally sold on Miami. They've lost to the only two playoff caliber teams they've faced so far, and both were by double-digits (31 points against NE). I have no doubt Miami will be 7-2 going into its game at Green Bay, but their schedule is incredibly easy. Same goes for San Diego. Good record so far, but their four wins have come against bad teams.

I'm not either. But I do think they've overachieved beyond the expectations of the majority.

I thought Mahomes looked uncomfortable the first half and was happy to see him settle down during the second half. I think a game like this will really help him in the long run. I'm still upset about the lack of defense though. I realize NE is really good and the receiver match ups were in their favor but if KC really wants to get to the super bowl they're going to have to put more emphasis on the defensive side. There will be games where the offense isn't clicking enough to out score their opponent and just a little help from the defense could make all the difference.
KC's defense is ranked 32 out of 32 right now. Unless that improves I don't think they can get to the SB with teams like the Steelers and Pats out there....... They do have one heck of an offense but lets also remember Mahomes is only a 2nd year QB. He saw things last night on defense he probably hasn't seen before. Adjusted well and they have some blinding speed but their D needs a lot work imo............

KC's defense is ranked 32 out of 32 right now. Unless that improves I don't think they can get to the SB with teams like the Steelers and Pats out there....... They do have one heck of an offense but lets also remember Mahomes is only a 2nd year QB. He saw things last night on defense he probably hasn't seen before. Adjusted well and they have some blinding speed but their D needs a lot work imo............
New England and Pittsburgh aren't exactly defensive juggernauts either. It might be time for some new blood in the AFC.

New England and Pittsburgh aren't exactly defensive juggernauts either. It might be time for some new blood in the AFC.
This is true but they are both significantly better then KC..... Pats finally have most of their injured players back plus Gordon is a stud. he needs to stay on the straight and narrow.....

Going to be another interesting season.......

Aaron Rogers is absolutely ridiculous.
That was AWESOME! I am not a GB fan, but I definitely am not a 9ers fan. With the Pats game last night, that was two really entertaining games. It's not only the most pro football I've watched in any one week over the past 3 years, it's some of the "Best" pro football I've seen back to back in a long, long time. That has to be soul crushing for the 9ers....LOL.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back