• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

NFL Discussion Thread

Been a Rams fan since I was like 8 or 9. Obviously I will root for them to win, but Brady man, he's gotta be the NFL's QB GOAT, win or lose in super bowl 53. I hope that it goes down to the final possession, final play. I don't want a 52 - 3 type game, well, unless the Rams score 52.... LOL~~~
I celebrate the Super Bowl while also hating the Super Bowl. It's the end of another football season for which I always suffer withdrawal pains. Seems like the older I get the shorter the football season!

I'm hoping for a great exciting game that lives up to the title of Super Bowl............

I'm hoping for a great exciting game that lives up to the title of Super Bowl............
Like I said, I am rooting for the Rams, but blow outs in the SB suck. I want the game to be undecided with less than 2 minutes to go, any other outcome(that has the game over before the 2 minute warning) isn't a "Super" Bowl.

Been a Rams fan since I was like 8 or 9. Obviously I will root for them to win, but Brady man, he's gotta be the NFL's QB GOAT, win or lose in super bowl 53. I hope that it goes down to the final possession, final play. I don't want a 52 - 3 type game, well, unless the Rams score 52.... LOL~~~
Gave up on the Dolphins already?

Having lived less than an hour from New Orleans, I am very happy that my Rams won that game. I got so tired of the off again, on again Saints fans. Now, I just gotta hope that the Rams take down the god damned Fighting Brady's.
Will be a boring SB, New England will blow them out

I was surprised they reversed the muffed punt call. But I was also surprised they made the original call that Edelman touched the ball in the first place. That call shouldn't be made unless there was an OBVIOUS touch, where there wasn't.

Gave up on the Dolphins already?
Well, seeing as how they didn't make the playoffs.... I grew up as both a Dolphins fan and a LA fan. Always like the Rams, Dodgers and the Lakers. Florida didn't have a pro baseball team or pro basketball team back then, so I latched onto the LA teams. I still always root for my fish, but have no problem calling them mullets.

Will be a boring SB, New England will blow them out
I don't want a blow out, it's not even worth watching when that happens. I will be okay with Brady winning, if it's a close game. I'll be at work, and will only get to see parts of the game, but, I still want a close game. GO LA, BEAT THE PATS!

I don't want a blow out, it's not even worth watching when that happens. I will be okay with Brady winning, if it's a close game. I'll be at work, and will only get to see parts of the game, but, I still want a close game. GO LA, BEAT THE PATS!
Agree, I want to see the game decide at last second, with burkhead crossing the goal line, go pats!

The INT a couple of plays later made it a moot point. The phantom roughing call was huge though. There is a crisis in officiating at all levels. I was rooting for the Rams (only because of Suh) but the non call on DPI was inexcusable. Both games were greatly affected by late game calls/non-calls.

There were bad calls throughout the Rams game, not just at the end. How do you not call delay of game? I was actually thrilled with the non call on the DPI because it was home cooking up to that point. Multiple face masks and delay of games not called against the Saints.

Nah, let’s go with Burkhead puts the Pats in field goal range to win, but Suh blocks the kick.

GO RAMS!!!
This, is so much a better scenario! I like it....
giphy.gif

Attachments

• upload_2019-1-20_21-32-12.jpeg
    upload_2019-1-20_21-32-12.jpeg
    6.3 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
There were bad calls throughout the Rams game, not just at the end. How do you not call delay of game? I was actually thrilled with the non call on the DPI because it was home cooking up to that point. Multiple face masks and delay of games not called against the Saints.

The Rams-Saints game was poorly officiated throughout. I thought the Chiefs game was actually pretty well officiated. I thought they got the call right on the Edelman non-muff though I can see why Chiefs fans would be upset because it was called a fumble on the field and it was so close it was impossible to be absolutely certain. The roughing call was bogus but, if the Chief defender doesn't line up in the neutral zone, it probably doesn't matter.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back