• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

NFL Discussion Thread

Great game! Happy for rex, Brady, new England! I must be the only Pats fan around here.

Bash away!:Banana::Stirthepot:
Life long Pats fan here and former season ticket holder. Loving all the hate directed at the best NFL franchise in history!! Some folks just hate winners........ Go PATS................. Go Rex!!

To make it simple, I generally root for the team with a former Husker on the roster. (Except for Dallas)

That's reasonable. I think many Nebraska fans are this way. Well, too many like Dallas -- which is a true shame. ;)

I think having lived in a couple of NFL cities changed my perspective. And even though I lived in Minneapolis, I never grew to like the Vikes. I don't hate 'em, but ... no.

Life long Pats fan here and former season ticket holder. Loving all the hate directed at the best NFL franchise in history!! Some folks just hate winners........ Go PATS................. Go Rex!!

Congrats, ct. Hey -- you are a New Englander, so it's perfectly understandable and acceptable. I'm sure you can understand why others root against the Pats. But if I were in your situation, I'd probably be the same.

Really? Does it feel good to win on complete bulls...?

Just getting home and I agree. Congrats to the winners but both losing teams did get the shaft. Not the NFLs finest moments.

I'm not putting it on the refs. They made bad calls but they do in every game. I put all the blame on the Chiefs defense. They made some good adjustments at half but they just can't stop the run when they need to. Way to many 3rd down conversions. If they don't fix that next year, the disappointments will continue in the big games.

Really happy for Rex though. He was clutch which should improve his stock.

Suh against Rex in the big game is about the only draw to watch the superbowl for me.

Congrats, ct. Hey -- you are a New Englander, so it's perfectly understandable and acceptable. I'm sure you can understand why others root against the Pats. But if I were in your situation, I'd probably be the same.
Thanks HW.... was a great game and lived up to it's billing imo. I would also have congratulated KC had they won but they had their chances. There's always mean spirited detractors when a franchise has had the kind of success enjoyed by NE over the years. For instant there's no shortage of Yankee haters. I think it's also fair to point out NE beat KC TWICE this season.

On the positive side we're going to have another Husker player with a SB ring when the dust settles.....

Thanks HW.... was a great game and lived up to it's billing imo. I would also have congratulated KC had they won but they had their chances. There's always mean spirited detractors when a franchise has had the kind of success enjoyed by NE over the years. For instant there's no shortage of Yankee haters. I think it's also fair to point out NE beat KC TWICE this season.

On the positive side we're going to have another Husker player with a SB ring when the dust settles.....

I'm especially disappointed for Andy Reid. He has had so many heartbreaks in the playoffs. With two teams. One of the best coaches in the NFL -- but yet, never quite good enough.

There will always be the majority that get sick of teams winning over long periods of years. It's why we don't like Alabama. And yes, I hate the Yankees.

Having lived less than an hour from New Orleans, I am very happy that my Rams won that game. I got so tired of the off again, on again Saints fans. Now, I just gotta hope that the Rams take down the god damned Fighting Brady's.

Having lived less than an hour from New Orleans, I am very happy that my Rams won that game. I got so tired of the off again, on again Saints fans. Now, I just gotta hope that the Rams take down the god damned Fighting Brady's.
Should be a great game.......... I'll bet the game gets very high TV ratings... East versus West! Should be lots of fun........

I'm especially disappointed for Andy Reid. He has had so many heartbreaks in the playoffs. With two teams. One of the best coaches in the NFL -- but yet, never quite good enough.

There will always be the majority that get sick of teams winning over long periods of years. It's why we don't like Alabama. And yes, I hate the Yankees.
And lets remember there was a time when the Huskers were hated and despised by many fans in the Big 8! Unfortunately we fixed that situation with many very bad decisions over the past 20 years. I'm so hoping the Huskers will once again be hated by tens of thousands of Big fans in the not to distant future.. :nod::thumbsup:

Last edited:

Should be a great game.......... I'll bet the game gets very high TV ratings... East versus West! Should be lots of fun........
Been a Rams fan since I was like 8 or 9. Obviously I will root for them to win, but Brady man, he's gotta be the NFL's QB GOAT, win or lose in super bowl 53. I hope that it goes down to the final possession, final play. I don't want a 52 - 3 type game, well, unless the Rams score 52.... LOL~~~

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back