• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

NFL Discussion Thread

I'm not really a fan of time outs to ice the kicker. It's become so commonplace and predictable. But, this game probably only gave merit to doing so. Parkey made the FG when he knew the time out was just called. Mentally, he knew it didn't matter, and he booted it through with no effort. Following the time out, the stress level rose considerably. And I believe he'd hit the uprights several times this season. There were demons. Life as an NFL kicker can be very unkind. I would not be one bit surprised if that missed kick costs him his job.

Again, regarding the AFC ...

The Colts have won 10 of their last 11 games. Including a recent domination of the Cowboys, 23-0. That's one sizzling hot team I would not bet against.

The Chargers tied for the best record in the AFC this season. 12-4 (now 13-4). They lost the tiebreaker to KC, which knocked the Chargers down to a 5-seed. They still have not lost a game this season in which they boarded a plane.

Interesting ... and this was not discussed at all during the game.

Maybe it's true. Difficult to say one way or the other from that video -- but looks possible at least. Obviously, just the slightest graze is going to be magnified by distance.

Last edited:
FB_IMG_1546867279696.jpg

Again, regarding the AFC ...

The Colts have won 10 of their last 11 games. Including a recent domination of the Cowboys, 23-0. That's one sizzling hot team I would not bet against.

The Chargers tied for the best record in the AFC this season. 12-4 (now 13-4). They lost the tiebreaker to KC, which knocked the Chargers down to a 5-seed. They still have not lost a game this season in which they boarded a plane.

The Chargers have continued to surprise me all year. Play good defense and just enough offense to win. I've always thought Rivers was a cry baby, but would actually like to see the guy get a ring. He's kind of the opposite of most modern era elite QB's. He's fought to stay with his original team, including the move to LA which he wanted nothing to do with. I just don't know if they have enough as a team to get past New England.

Indy is beating KC on Saturday. I don't see how the KC D can get enough stops to win the game. It'll be a ridiculously high scoring game.

Goff has been playing poorly lately. Dallas's defense can rattle him.
I could see that. The Rams OL is pretty good though. I think the game comes down to if Dallas can be ahead or stay close within 7 points going into the 4th Qtr. They don't seem to have the offense that could come from too far behind with Dak not being the best passer and the OL seems to give up a lot of sacks. Being a Rams fan, this is the matchup I wanted over the other two teams they could have played: Bears or the Seahawks.

I do think it's kind of ironic that the Cowboys are playing the Rams when I remember after the Chiefs/Rams game, how Jerry Jones was being laughed at/mocked for saying that he thought the Cowboys offense was similar to the Rams. He could really get the last laugh if they now beat the Rams. Their offense is not remotely like the Rams obviously, but it has been effective in what it is...a run based/play action offense that keeps the ball. Kudos to both teams for making it here.

Last edited:
I could see that. The Rams OL is pretty good though. I think the game comes down to if Dallas can be ahead or stay close within 7 points going into the 4th Qtr. They don't seem to have the offense that could come from too far behind with Dak not being the best passer and the OL seems to give up a lot of sacks. Being a Rams fan, this is the matchup I wanted over the other two teams they could have played: Bears or the Seahawks.

I do think it's kind of ironic that the Cowboys are playing the Rams when I remember after the Chiefs/Rams game, how Jerry Jones was being laughed at/mocked for saying that he thought the Cowboys offense was similar to the Rams. He could really get the last laugh if they now beat the Rams. Their offense is not remotely like the Rams obviously, but it has been effective in what it is...a run based/play action offense that keeps the ball. Kudos to both teams for making it here.
The Cowboys offense might look similar to the Rams if they had a consistent QB but Dak is off far too often and throws the ball late most of the time.

And Dak is also the reason that the OL gives up a lot of sacks. He holds the ball far too long.

Last edited:

I've got about 9-10 inches of snow 40 miles east of Arrowhead Stadium. I don't think the KC metro area got that much, but watching the morning news, the grounds crew had the field tarped all night, and it should be in pretty good condition for the game. Probably won't be good conditions for the fans, though.

Indy is beating KC on Saturday. I don't see how the KC D can get enough stops to win the game. It'll be a ridiculously high scoring game.

KC's defense relies on the sack. Yet, Indy's line doesn't give up sacks.

The Chiefs probably couldn't have drawn a worse matchup as the 1-seed.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back