• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Next Season Adrian Martinez

Well yeah he is not close as one just finished his freshman year and the other is in his second NFL season. Compare their freshman years and it is very close with AM better in many categories.
C
AM does not have the arm strength that PM has. It is not about a statistical comparison its about the physical attributes. Can AM improve as a passer? Sure. Does he have NFL potential? Sure. But PM is not a good comparable for AM.

The clock is already ticking on lamar Jackson...if that dude's career was a stock I'd risk everything selling it short.
LJ is going to enter next season as Baltimore's anointed starter. Flacco is likely to be playing elsewhere next year.

Having said that he will not survive operating the offense as he does now ... too many hits and DC's will figure out how to stop their run game in short order.

This off season is big for LJ ... he needs to improve significantly his passing game. Doesn't need to be Peyton Manning but he's got to get better than he currently is.

Nevertheless I agree with your statement!

Heard someone say on the radio yesterday that they felt AM was better than TG and TF already, as he is asked to do way more with less supporting cast.
Interesting to say the least.
If he can remain consistent and steadily improve as the years go by (as he should),
as well as improve upon those 1-2 plays per game head scratchers... he is going to go down as one of the all time Husker greats imo. I’m not sweating a Heisman.
Would be nice, sure, but in today’s world that is relegated to an upper echelon team for the most part, and I can’t say we will be there quite yet during his time here. Kid is smart, obviously talented and I believe driven to succeed. We are in good hands, and he is specifically with these coaches.

My biggest hope is that he remains healthy.
If that remains so over the next 3 years, it is going to be real fun I believe.
GBR

Excited is fine. Comparing an 18 year old to one of the best NFL qb’s is hyperbole. Keep it real Big Red.
Comparisons are made because of similar characteristics that may remind an individual of someone else who does the same thing. One's comprehension has to let them know that he isn't saying that the 18 year old is as good the NFL QB....he's saying certain things that the 18 year old brings to the game/team is similar to what the NFL QB brings to his team/game. If you disagree with that logic, then argue that logic, but don't try to make it seem like the poster is saying something he isn't. There's no hyperbole in that comment. He's simply saying one thing looks like another.

AM does not have the arm strength that PM has. It is not about a statistical comparison its about the physical attributes. Can AM improve as a passer? Sure. Does he have NFL potential? Sure. But PM is not a good comparable for AM.

Well I am not comparing the two, just pointing out you can't compare a 2nd season NFL starter to a college freshman. AM does have more than enough arm strength to be successful in the league.

C

Comparisons are made because of similar characteristics that may remind an individual of someone else who does the same thing. One's comprehension has to let them know that he isn't saying that the 18 year old is as good the NFL QB....he's saying certain things that the 18 year old brings to the game/team is similar to what the NFL QB brings to his team/game. If you disagree with that logic, then argue that logic, but don't try to make it seem like the poster is saying something he isn't. There's no hyperbole in that comment. He's simply saying one thing looks like another.
Poster said he was a ‘mirror image’ of Pat Mahomes. Don’t think so.

Not even close to Mahomes.

Now if you compared AM to Lamar Jackson ... might be a more apt comparison.
I’d say AM is more intelligent than Jackson. Agree that he isn’t a Mahomes clone. Mahomes arm is off the charts.

I’m probably going to catch flak for saying this, but I think the post about being a “mirror image” of Mahomes had more to do their physical appearance than that of how they play.

You're entitled to an opinion, too!

They always said that college football offenses needed to change to prepare players for the NFL. Instead you see the NFL changing to accommodate the best college talent.

In the past players like TG, TF, and Crouch had no chance in the league as QBs. Now they might. I don't have their stats in front of me. Maybe they didn't have a high enough completion percentage. I believe TF's was in the low to mid 50's.

Frazier career 49.5% although he was 56.4% his senior year
Turner Gill career 54.0%
Eric Crouch 51.5%

So I take it all back. They had no chance in the NFL. :O O:

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back