• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

News about Nick Gates

Status
Not open for further replies.

th

To be fair to Nick, working with you third coaching staff in five years could be quite frustrating, I’m sure. If he knows he doesn’t want to be at NU anymore, it doesn’t help anyone for him to stick around.

I sure thought he was going to be a great one for us. Not sure what got mixed up along the way.

Last edited:
With proper coaching and the right situation, he may prove many here to be wrong. I think we all expected him to play better with our new staff. Why does that not parlay into possible success in the NFL? Granted, his stock may not be high, but he has the measurables

You never know what/who might catch on in the nfl. Brent Qvale is playing in the league right now, anybody see that?

Did anyone think will Compton would be starting in the nfl? Scott Shanle who couldn’t cover Jeremy Shocky in the rose bowl spent 10 years in the nfl and has a super bowl ring. Niles Paul has played for the redskins for years, he dropped more passes than he caught at Nebraska.

The nfl is a lot about wanting to do it.

Think he would benefit from a year of better coaches but his choice. He hopefully has talked to someone about where he will go in the draft. A couple rounds difference is huge money.

If he was just quitting football cause he lost the passion, folks could question his work ethic. Declaring for the NFL where he'll have to bust his butt to make a 53 man roster isn't a path people usually take when they don't want to work hard.

I wish him well and thank him for his time as a Husker.

Won’t ever forget Derek Barnett manhandling Gates
Nothing wrong with being dissatisfied with the kid’s play. However, in my view, it shows a lack of class to say something derogatory about a kid who plays for the program you supposedly support.

We Husker fans like to crow about being the “greatest fans” but some of you are whining like a jr high kid who just got dumped.

I personally would like to see him stay. But that’s his decision. Not ours.

That said, do you not realize if he makes it in the league it does nothing but help our program? Kids pay attention to how many players a program puts in the league.

Best of luck to Nick Gates. I wish him nothing but success.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back