• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

New Watch Site in the Cayman Islands

I'm not coming until you take down that ugly Penn State sign. :)

This reminds me of a time about 20-25 years ago when a buddy and me went to a local BBQ restaurant/bar to watch Nebraska play K-State (who still sucked but were getting better) here in Upstate NY (a hell of along way from Nebraska). We get settled in and they get the game on satellite for us and all of a sudden some loudmouth starts yelling "Let's Go WILDCATS!!!" from the other end of the bar and this guy has a freaking K-State sweatshirt on. I thought it was pretty neat/unusual to be die hard Nebraska fan in my area but then to see a KSU bum this far away took the cake.

"Of all the gin joints..."

Hi Dan, Bud Johnson here. I graduated from Holdrege in 1960 and graduated NU Pharmacy in 65. Worked at Nobles from 1956 off and on until 65. New your dad well. He got me out a tight jam one time. Called him recently he did not remember me until I told him about my pants catching on fire behind Nobles when it was on West Ave. I knew your grandfather Hank also. I loved that old man. He was often seen sitting on a bench around the court house. I often would stop and sit with him for awhile. He talked I listened.

I remember Hecke. In the 50s he was racing on the oval dirt track at the Fair Grounds. As I recall his purple car was called Mighty Mouse. My dad was a big fan and friend of his. My dad ran the Co-op and my uncle worked at the Elevators there. Sometimes we would watch Hecke race from the top of the tallest elevator. Bud Johnson

Nebraska restaurant in Madrid Spain. Legit picture. However no mention Husker's stuff inside this restaurant except cashier glass desk ........... small Lil' Red sticker (I heard)

Nebraska3.JPG

https://www.google.com/search?q=neb...KHdkVBCoQsAR6BAgJEAE&biw=1216&bih=607#imgrc=_

Last edited:
Nebraska restaurant in Madrid Spain. Legit picture. However no mention Husker's stuff inside this restaurant except cashier glass desk ........... small Lil' Red sticker.

Nebraska3.JPG

https://www.google.com/search?q=neb...KHdkVBCoQsAR6BAgJEAE&biw=1216&bih=607#imgrc=_

This is ironic, my daughter was just accepted to do a fellowship (whatever that means, I guess she is going to work in law offices all over) in Madrid next summer, I will have to make sure she gets in there and gets a picture.

This is ironic, my daughter was just accepted to do a fellowship (whatever that means, I guess she is going to work in law offices all over) in Madrid next summer, I will have to make sure she gets in there and gets a picture.

ls.jpg

Suggestion: Need to add Runza menu ;)

Last edited:

I am originally from Holdrege, graduated high school from Blair, and the NU in 77!

Been on the island here for over eight years, and look forward to meeting any Huskers who are visiting. Let me know when you're coming!

We take a Caribbean cruise every December. Been to Grand Cayman probably a dozen times (including last December) but won't be there this December as we are doing eastern Caribbean and the ABC islands.

Will definitely look you up next time.

We just got back from a Voyage of the Vikings 17-day cruise across the north Atlantic including Iceland and Greenland. Ran into a Husker fan at Gullfoss waterfalls on the Golden Circle tour and another at Lake Myvatn natural hot springs south east of Akureryi.

Hi Dan, Bud Johnson here. I graduated from Holdrege in 1960 and graduated NU Pharmacy in 65. Worked at Nobles from 1956 off and on until 65. New your dad well. He got me out a tight jam one time. Called him recently he did not remember me until I told him about my pants catching on fire behind Nobles when it was on West Ave. I knew your grandfather Hank also. I loved that old man. He was often seen sitting on a bench around the court house. I often would stop and sit with him for awhile. He talked I listened.
Bud,

Funny I remember my dad telling me the story of your pants catching fire! Thanks for checking in, and let me know if you are ever on island.

We take a Caribbean cruise every December. Been to Grand Cayman probably a dozen times (including last December) but won't be there this December as we are doing eastern Caribbean and the ABC islands.

Will definitely look you up next time.
Please do, even outside football season, I will always buy a fellow Husker a beer!

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back