• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

New version of a triple option

Remember the bubble screen RPO that Northern Illinois took to the house? What if there was the bubble screen then a zone read?

Take a look, the OLB taking away the bubble, so Milton then looks down at the 3-4 DE who stays and he hands off to the RB. Throw the bubble, keep the ball, hand it off. If he keeps it he can still throw the bubble, so technically 4 options.

This is going to be fun.

Saw that live, thought the kid was going to score on that play. Love the quick hitter. The key seems to be smart QB who understands the numbers game ...

tenor.gif

Frost said he wanted to bring unity back! Well, it's here. What are the odds?

:frost: Well done, gentlemen!! Well done!!

Not much Kool-Aid in my glass. What Frost wants to run v. the players on the roster is going to take time. Year 1 will be a struggle. There will be some success against failure and there will be a lot of coaching, searching and frustration. It certainly won't be as fluid as what we saw with UCF in "their" Year 2.

However, what we will see is progress from the Spring game to Game 12 in Year 1. These guys will make mistakes but watching the players "buy-in" and having that "ah ha" light bulb turning on moment will be paramount. We will see more progress from Year 1 to Year 2 and that will be a nice change from recent years past. The attitude adjustment and effort on the field will be refreshing.

Thanks for sharing, ***. I was going to say it's like Frost is playing chess when we've been playing checkers, but I really think Langsdorf never got past Candyland. Frost is a lot of things. Among them, he is very intelligent and very creative. This should be fun!

Not much Kool-Aid in my glass. What Frost wants to run v. the players on the roster is going to take time. Year 1 will be a struggle. There will be some success against failure and there will be a lot of coaching, searching and frustration. It certainly won't be as fluid as what we saw with UCF in "their" Year 2.

However, what we will see is progress from the Spring game to Game 12 in Year 1. These guys will make mistakes but watching the players "buy-in" and having that "ah ha" light bulb turning on moment will be paramount. We will see more progress from Year 1 to Year 2 and that will be a nice change from recent years past. The attitude adjustment and effort on the field will be refreshing.

Yeah, it's fun to see the potential but it's not going to happen overnight.

I certainly don't think we'll see it next year or the following year but the possibilities are exciting to say the least. Your second paragraph is squarely on point though.

I do think 2019 could be a surprise year if things go well but it would mean a lot of things going right.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back