• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked New Recruiting Department-DVD promoted

Status
Not open for further replies.

"Clearly a social media presence will be a part of it. The now-departed Ryan Gunderson was exceptional in that capacity. I would suspect Billy Devaney has a major influence on how the impending department is put together. If I am Nebraska, I jump in with both feet and create a department worthy of envy by the rest of the country. Hire a large contingency of people to contribute in various ways.

Have one section devoted to social media and expanding the Husker brand. Have another section of professional, proven talent evaluators who pour over tape of high school and junior college prospects - Devaney should have a Rolodex full of scouts he could bring in for that. I would also hire individuals - perhaps former or current high school coaches or college assistants - who have an extensive background and ties to cities such as St. Louis, Chicago, Dallas, Denver, Kansas City, Minneapolis, Indianapolis, Los Angeles, Atlanta, New Orleans and Miami - to name a few - who could help with inroads to these important recruiting zones. Someone like Kenny Wilhite and his ties to St. Louis are a good example of the sort of people who should be in charge of key hot spots for Nebraska. The program has the money to do it and do it right. I would like to see Eichorst okay a 25-man department and a $2 million-per-year budget. Sound too ambitious? I don't see any other option. Nebraska needs to continue to move forward with big ideas and progressive moves inside the program."

https://forum.huskermax.com/index.php?articles/turning-the-focus-towards-2018.105/

DVD will build this department, and, let me tell you, recruiting will improve bigly. #MNGA
64953315.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back