• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

New OCs at tOSU

Big Red Shrine

Elite Poster
5 Year Member
Thinking about Alabama having a former HC on staff as a consultant to another former HC, it struck me that, if we need to make a change at a coordinator position, a former HC, who probably got the job because they were a great coordinator, might be the answer.

That said (in a run on sentence), I think this is a great hire and will improve their offense. As a first time HC, probably wouldn't have made sense for Pelini, but Riley has been around long enough to do it.

Thinking about Alabama having a former HC on staff as a consultant to another former HC, it struck me that, if we need to make a change at a coordinator position, a former HC, who probably got the job because they were a great coordinator, might be the answer.

Bingo! Looks like the UNL AD took your advice. Diaco fits the bill.

Lol.

That still makes me happy every time I hear it. I still can't believe Tim Freaking Beck got hired to run Texas' offense. Due diligence, apparently, is not a Texas thing.
I still gotta think that the move was for his recruiting ties in Texas.

I still gotta think that the move was for his recruiting ties in Texas.

I realize I'm on the far end of the spectrum here. I don't think there is anything Beck does well, and furthermore, he apparently thinks he's a QB coach, which makes him dangerous to a program. Here's hoping I'm right and Texas flounders for 4 years scoring just enough to think Beck's offense is going "to come around". Unfortunately, Herman made the initial mistake, but won't make it again after year one. I predict Herman fires him after 2017.

I realize I'm on the far end of the spectrum here. I don't think there is anything Beck does well, and furthermore, he apparently thinks he's a QB coach, which makes him dangerous to a program. Here's hoping I'm right and Texas flounders for 4 years scoring just enough to think Beck's offense is going "to come around". Unfortunately, Herman made the initial mistake, but won't make it again after year one. I predict Herman fires him after 2017.
You might just be right with that.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back