• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

New mystery leader at RB and Top 5 Things...in under 3 minutes!

What is Wilbon's 40 speed?
I found one place that says he runs a 4.42, but take that with a grain of salt. When guys run 40's at the NFL Combine, it doesn't always match up with 40 times that are reported prior to the combine.

He has plenty of speed. I've always thought he was our best all around pure runner, but he wasn't the best all around running back at that time. If he's able to put it all together & not be a liability in certain aspects of the game, he can do some exciting things with the ball in his hands.

I'm not gonna lie, I've personally been rooting for Tre Bryant. He has that break away/game breaking speed. But if you'd asked me for a prediction prior to spring ball who will be our starter in the fall, I would have said Ozigbo. I'm not sure what's going on with him at the moment.

Last edited:
I found one place that says he runs a 4.42, but take that with a grain of salt. When guys run 40's at the NFL Combine, it doesn't always match up with 40 times that are reported prior to the combine.

He has plenty of speed. I've always thought he was our best all around pure runner, but he wasn't the best all around running back at that time. If he's able to put it all together & not be a liability in certain aspects of the game, he can do some exciting things with the ball in his hands.

I'm not gonna lie, I've personally been rooting for Tre Bryant. He has that break away/game breaking speed. But if you'd asked me for a prediction prior to spring ball who will be our starter in the fall, I would have said Ozigbo. I'm not sure what's going on with him at the moment.

Me to followed by Devine. The few carries I have seen with Bryant have been real eye openers.

Go Zags

I'm guessing that the RB competition will go through fall camp. I'd be a bit surprised if Wilbon was the winner, but it doesn't really matter, I want the best player to play.

I think the three top guys all bring something unique and different to the table. The key is utilizing them in ways that aren't predictable for opposing defensive coordinators. In order for that to happen they all need to be complete backs. There are a lot of things I'm iffy about with coach Davis, but I'm in agreement with him on his complete back stance.

Wisconsin seemed to have great success running multiple guys at us. I seem to recall a Colorado game where four different Buff RBs cleared 100 yards rushing.

Having multiple guys deep on the RB bench is better than having one single, breakaway star, IMO. Just ask Ahman & LP or Helu, Rex & Ameer.

Wisconsin seemed to have great success running multiple guys at us. I seem to recall a Colorado game where four different Buff RBs cleared 100 yards rushing.

Having multiple guys deep on the RB bench is better than having one single, breakaway star, IMO. Just ask Ahman & LP or Helu, Rex & Ameer.

Hard to disagree with that.

It's only a good thing if all the ones on the bench and the one staring are all equally great (or the starter is simply a step above 2 or 3 other very good backs). It sucks to have 4 mediocre backs vying to see who will HOPEFULLY prove themselves.

I'm not saying we are a team with 4 mediocre backs, but we don't have a proven go getter at this point. Personally my money is on Bryant.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why would it surprise you?
He has basically done nothing in his years here. Last year, he even fell behind a true freshman. Usually, when a guy isn't working to his ability he continues that trait. But, some get it figured out late, maybe he is one...he has enough talent.

I agree with some things you all have said. Playing more backs isn't a bad thing (still not what I personally prefer) as long as they all bring something unique & different to the table, and/or they are all within just a step or two of each other effectiveness/production wise. What is not ideal, is if you have 3 or 4 backs that play because they're all mediocre.

I will say this, Wisconsin uses so many running backs because they ran the ball 643 times last year to only 323 pass attempts. As far as that Colorado game, they ran the ball 52 times for 380 yards, while only passing ball 16 times.

I don't see MR and DL running the ball near as much as Wisconsin, or that one Colorado game where they ran the ball more than a 3:1 ratio. Probably not the most accurate barometer.

I've always been a fan of a 2 back system. If one guys grabs the job by the throat & makes it his own, I'd personally prefer that over a 3 or 4 back system. Ideally, I like 2 backs because you can keep both guys fresh & utilize their uniques strengths appropriately throughout the game. However, if we do have 3 backs that are fairly equal, I say utilize more 2 back formations & let them return kicks as well. Just find ways to get the ball in the hands of your best players. Having too many weapons is a much better problem than not having enough weapons.

Last edited:

He has basically done nothing in his years here. Last year, he even fell behind a true freshman. Usually, when a guy isn't working to his ability he continues that trait. But, some get it figured out late, maybe he is one...he has enough talent.
Happens all the time. Kid struggles his first two years of eligibility then breaks out his Junior year.

Paraphrasing Queen here.
bump bump bump another one under the bus
And another ones down and another ones down another one under the bus
hey GFOA will get you too another one under the bus.

Paraphrasing Queen here.
And another ones down and another ones down another one under the bus
hey GFOA will get you too another one under the bus.
Evidently, you have issues with truth telling. More importantly, you obviously don't know the meaning of "throwing someone under the bus." You ought to look it up before acting like you know what it means. Obviously, tyou are wrong again, but nothing a little education won't help with: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Throw_under_the_bus

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back