• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

New Coach & Scott Frost Discussion

Hopefully Moos was spotted leaving the pressbox with a hand full of pink slips.

They lost that game because they can’t run the football plane and simple. Northwestern runs the ball in overtime and Nebraska doesn’t even think about it because they can’t.

Your putting the game on Tanner Lee and he doesn’t deliver. It is not all his fault. If I watch Nick Gates standing there not doing on a play again I might puke.

Like I said in another post. The OT offensive series typifies our offense. No ability to run the ball when you need to.

View attachment 13248

Answer: Longer than 30 minutes. But we're past that. No sign of anything like the in-season improvement that would give hope Riley could ever succeed to the degree we want, imo.

I'm not asking Riley to be fired this weekend. That's up to Moos. But Moos's only consideration in timing should be what is required to maximize the transition to a new coach, and if that means firing now to get someone who could make a play for recruits in the early signing period, so be it.

Thank you Mike Riley and coaches for your efforts.
I think this loss seals his fate. I don't think it's necessarily fair, but this is a big-boy business, and Riley will be fine. I also know he will handle it with 100% class.

As much as I have turned to the "Riley has got to go" side...I just can't bring myself to blame him, really, for today.

T
Oh I'm not blaming this loss on Riley any more than any other loss. I'm also not mad at him. I't's too bad it worked out this way, because I really, really like him and have been a big fan.

I'm just saying that we needed to win more in here for the overall team to look like it's making the kind of progress we've been needing to see. For me at least.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back