1. You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.
    Dismiss Notice

New Coach & Scott Frost Discussion

Discussion in 'Football' started by huskernut, Nov 4, 2017.

1. smtower

smtower Recruit

I am not comparing Frost and Richt...Sorry I should have clarified that. I am just saying that former players understand more about the program they played for than someone who is walking in blind. There is just a different feeling when a former player becomes apart of the program in a coaching role. Right?

2. BigRedAvenger

BigRedAvenger Poster of Substance 2 Year Member

Wearing a coat sucks, but one must weigh that against the chances of getting eaten by a large carnivorous reptile while swimming in your pool.

BARNUM is back likes this.
  3. ShortSideOption

ShortSideOption All Big 10 5 Year Member

You are assuming "the evaluation" is only whether Riley stays or goes. There are many things still being evaluated.

4. BARNUM is back

BARNUM is back Son of NUM

just keep it well-fed and he'll be fine
    [​IMG]

5. Red October

Red October Junior Varsity 2 Year Member

They have their mouthpiece back, ESPN

6. BARNUM is back

BARNUM is back Son of NUM

fair, just frustrating to me. I'm noticing that i have a higher threshold for honesty than reasonable.

7. bilsker

bilsker Husker Fan 10 Year Member

as many (likely more) "former players" have flopped miserably as have succeeded wildly. it doesn't hurt...but the benefit is greatly overstated.

SWVAHusker likes this.
  8. smtower

smtower Recruit

True, which is probably why Nebraska didn't pull the trigger on frost the first go around. They probably wanted to see how he did in a head coaching position elsewhere because the risk was high (although the risk on Riley was much higher and ultimately cost eichorst his job, talk about irony).

SWVAHusker likes this.
  9. ShortSideOption

ShortSideOption All Big 10 5 Year Member

lol I hear ya. I think Moos like the rest of us and this staff know it's over. But there's a ton still to evaluate, buyouts, who you can get, timelines, etc.

ColombianHusker likes this.
  10. Discoverer27

Discoverer27 Red Shirt 2 Year Member

I watched Miami/ND, Bama/Miss St. and WI/IA on Saturday. The thing that stood out to me most was how fast and hard the defense played. Hard meaning hard hits. Has NU had a truly hard hit all year? The defense is so slow since they are all thinking instead of reacting.

11. Ackos

Ackos All American 15 Year Member

I better not :oops:

12. Discoverer27

Discoverer27 Red Shirt 2 Year Member

Lost me

13. IMfanFORnu

IMfanFORnu Red Shirt 5 Year Member

Exactly.

Frost has demonstrated he has made calculated decisions in his coaching career. The smart move for him is always to keep one's options open, and having a bidding war. Why not?

14. BigRedAvenger

BigRedAvenger Poster of Substance 2 Year Member

Has there ever been a coach firing more beneficial to both parties?

CP Red likes this.
  15. HuskerSuperGenius

HuskerSuperGenius Hit hard and Hustle,nothing else matters

Someone of "substance" told AD Moos that his evaluation of Coach Riley was over as of Now or Moos was not the man they thought they hired! LOL.
    Clearly the main issue for Husker Nation is establishing Hope for the future.
    That hope means AD Moos telling Husker Nation that the next two games are Coach Riley's last, and tell us right now, not eleven days from now.
    That eleven wait is too much strain for a program that is at its breaking point after these last boat racings, especially by a awful Minnesota team

ColombianHusker likes this.