1. You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.
    Dismiss Notice

New Coach & Scott Frost Discussion

Discussion in 'Football' started by huskernut, Nov 4, 2017.

1. huskernut

huskernut Heisman 5 Year Member

upload_2017-11-4_16-47-49.png

Answer: Longer than 30 minutes. But we're past that. No sign of anything like the in-season improvement that would give hope Riley could ever succeed to the degree we want, imo.

I'm not asking Riley to be fired this weekend. That's up to Moos. But Moos's only consideration in timing should be what is required to maximize the transition to a new coach, and if that means firing now to get someone who could make a play for recruits in the early signing period, so be it.

Thank you Mike Riley and coaches for your efforts.

2. RedPhoenix

RedPhoenix God of Huskermax 10 Year Member

He's gotta go.

RedStones, lincoln84, Smoker and 6 others like this.
  3. CO Husker

CO Husker Starter 15 Year Member

As much as I have turned to the "Riley has got to go" side...I just can't bring myself to blame him, really, for today.

Tanner Lee is pure garbage. Maybe Riley deserves the blame since he continues to run that dude out there...but this loss is on Tanner Lee and his COMPLETE inability to read the defense or see the field.

4. Big Red Shrine

Big Red Shrine Elite Poster 2 Year Member

Now that Moos has set the bar at 6-6, it makes no sense to keep him past Monday. We aren't going to hit that with DL calling plays. Make the call, put feelers out so a new coach gets as much time as possible before signing day.

5. ShortSideOption

ShortSideOption All Big 10 5 Year Member

Agree.

6. The Impaler

The Impaler Cake or Death? 10 Year Member

This is why I was arguing with the Lee is damn good statement last week.

Chi-Town Cube likes this.
  7. One Hit Wonder

One Hit Wonder Recruit

There is plenty of blame to go around. It's been called.

8. CO Husker

CO Husker Starter 15 Year Member

LMAO! I missed that. Anyone who think Lee is "good" is blind...and, um....better just leave it at blind....

lincoln84 and Chi-Town Cube like this.
  9. SWVAHusker

SWVAHusker Varsity 15 Year Member

Riley deserves the blame because he's the guy who has the final say on who plays QB. As much as I recall yelling at the TV angry that Osborne would hardly ever bench a QB, Riley's been worse IMO. Langsdorf has compounded the problem with really horrible calls all season. Riley deserves the blame for Langsdorf too. I said in year one that Langsdorf would get Riley fired and he hasn't done anything to fix that problem. He's merely let it fester.

At this point they might as well pull Gebbia's redshirt because he's probably going to transfer once Riley's fired. It's clear Riley's got zero confidence in O'Brien so he's a non factor whether he deserves to be overlooked or not.

RED LADY and BasilLongfellow like this.
  10. alabamahusker

alabamahusker Scout Team 15 Year Member

Absolutely :(

11. HuttoHusker

HuttoHusker Junior Varsity 5 Year Member

How about Nick Gates effort. OMG

12. One Hit Wonder

One Hit Wonder Recruit

He's saving himself for the NFL.

13. NUinID

NUinID Red Shirt 2 Year Member

They lost that game because they can’t run the football plane and simple. Northwestern runs the ball in overtime and Nebraska doesn’t even think about it because they can’t.

Your putting the game on Tanner Lee and he doesn’t deliver. It is not all his fault. If I watch Nick Gates standing there not doing anything on a play again I might puke.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2017
  14. SWVAHusker

SWVAHusker Varsity 15 Year Member

I think Gates is injured. I don't think Nebraska's got a healthy OL on the 2-deep.

15. BakNthday

BakNthday Travel Squad 10 Year Member

As has been said, plenty of blame to go around, but, only one person can take responsibility.