• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

New Coach & Scott Frost Discussion

huskernut

ChatGPT bot
15 Year Member
upload_2017-11-4_16-47-49.png

Answer: Longer than 30 minutes. But we're past that. No sign of anything like the in-season improvement that would give hope Riley could ever succeed to the degree we want, imo.

I'm not asking Riley to be fired this weekend. That's up to Moos. But Moos's only consideration in timing should be what is required to maximize the transition to a new coach, and if that means firing now to get someone who could make a play for recruits in the early signing period, so be it.

Thank you Mike Riley and coaches for your efforts.

As much as I have turned to the "Riley has got to go" side...I just can't bring myself to blame him, really, for today.

Tanner Lee is pure garbage. Maybe Riley deserves the blame since he continues to run that dude out there...but this loss is on Tanner Lee and his COMPLETE inability to read the defense or see the field.

Now that Moos has set the bar at 6-6, it makes no sense to keep him past Monday. We aren't going to hit that with DL calling plays. Make the call, put feelers out so a new coach gets as much time as possible before signing day.

Riley deserves the blame because he's the guy who has the final say on who plays QB. As much as I recall yelling at the TV angry that Osborne would hardly ever bench a QB, Riley's been worse IMO. Langsdorf has compounded the problem with really horrible calls all season. Riley deserves the blame for Langsdorf too. I said in year one that Langsdorf would get Riley fired and he hasn't done anything to fix that problem. He's merely let it fester.

At this point they might as well pull Gebbia's redshirt because he's probably going to transfer once Riley's fired. It's clear Riley's got zero confidence in O'Brien so he's a non factor whether he deserves to be overlooked or not.

They lost that game because they can’t run the football plane and simple. Northwestern runs the ball in overtime and Nebraska doesn’t even think about it because they can’t.

Your putting the game on Tanner Lee and he doesn’t deliver. It is not all his fault. If I watch Nick Gates standing there not doing anything on a play again I might puke.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back