• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked New Board Active

Status
Not open for further replies.

Has anyone had success embedding or viewing embedded material?

I have not had success with embedding. When I tried, it just showed up as gibberish. I looked for the old "advanced" button, but didn't see it. So I copied and pasted the whole tweet and that seemed to work.

Last edited:

The new 'alerts' panel is a fantastic addition because you can see if you've been replied to in threads you've posted in much easier now. Thank you for that.

Will you be/can you add a dropdown menu like the last setup where it's easier to jump between forums?

They have one, it is at the end of the breadcrumbs. Look for a little arrow in the bar that runs across the screen at the top of the thread pages. Click on that arrow and a pop up menu of boards will show up.

I thought I was having a flashback to my days as an unguided missile. Seeing 'Well Known Member' under my avatar....was kind of embarrassing. I mean I'm a reformed man. It's been years.

I will get the corrects ones installed at some point.

I guess this format won't allow animated gifs for the avatar so I went back to a pic and was surprised on the limitations, they suggest you use an image at least 200 by 200 pixels.... I think my last one was like 80 x 80 because the old format had limitations. At least my guy isn't fuzzy anymore.

Looking in to this. This has to do with how the server deals with the images.

Like the look. Miss the button at bottom of thread page to go to next or previous thread.. For now I go back to recruiting and then to different thread.

This may not happen, it would be an ad on. I need to try and keep the ad on's to a short list. They can cause a lot of problems if you are not careful. The breadcrumbs or top bar that tells you were you are at is at the bottom and top of each page. Also that bar has an arrow in it that if you click will pop up a menu of all the boards.

Embedded Tweets appear only as text, to me.

Has anyone had success embedding or viewing embedded material?

I have not had success with embedding. When I tried, it just showed up as gibberish. I looked for the old "advanced" button, but didn't see it. So I copied and pasted the whole tweet and that seemed to work.

Joe and I are working on this. He found an ad on that needs to be installed.

Question...and it might have been answered already...what does the Like link by the Quote link do?

It is a like post button. It ranks posts and the user gets points. If you like a post the user will be notified if they have chosen so in their settings.

If I can get it set up we can base our awards off those.

I guess this format won't allow animated gifs for the avatar so I went back to a pic and was surprised on the limitations, they suggest you use an image at least 200 by 200 pixels.... I think my last one was like 80 x 80 because the old format had limitations. At least my guy isn't fuzzy anymore.

try this again. I just had the server set up to handle the animated gifs. If it does not work try again tomorrow and let me know.

Can I just say I love that you can click on a thread title and it takes you straight to the first unread post. Also I like that you can click on the forums button and it highlights which forums have not been read.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back