• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Need Help from the wonderful posters here at Huskermax.

hpride1982

Recruit
5 Year Member
I am doing a survey on husker basketball for a class and would appreciate some help. I will list the questions and if you could just number 1-12 and answer your opinion I would greatly appreciate it.
Answer 1-5, 1)Strongly Agree 2) Agree 3)Nuetral/Undecided 4)Disagree 5)Strongly Disagree.

1)The administration is committed to making men's basketball an NCAA tournament contender.
2)The administration has done a good job evaluating coaches who can get us to the NCAA tournament.
3)NU has the administration in place to improve it's men's basketball staff when necessary.
4)The administration is willing to spend the money it takes to become a relevant tournament contender.
5)NU has improved its facilities to your satisfaction.
6)NU's facilities are tops in the country.
7)The new arena and practice facility will improve recruiting.
8)The practice facility and arena will vault NU into being a tournament contender.
9)NU has B1G quality coaches.
10)NU's coaches can improve the program.
11)NU's coaches have what it takes to get to the NCAA tournament.
12)NU's coaches have recruited well.

Once again your help is greatly appreciated. Note that this survey is suppose to be an overall look and not just based on this season. Thanks again

Last edited:

I am doing a survey on husker basketball for a class and would appreciate some help. I will list the questions and if you could just number 1-12 and answer your opinion I would greatly appreciate it.
Answer 1-5, 1)Strongly Agree 2) Agree 3)Nuetral/Undecided 4)Disagree 5)Strongly Disagree.

1)The administration is committed to making men's basketball an NCAA tournament contender. 2
2)The administration has done a good job evaluating coaches who can get us to the NCAA tournament. 3
3)NU has the administration in place to improve it's men's basketball staff when necessary. 1
4)The administration is willing to spend the money it takes to become a relevant tournament contender. 2
5)NU has improved its facilities to your satisfaction. 1
6)NU's facilities are tops in the country. 2
7)The new arena and practice facility will improve recruiting. 2
8)The practice facility and arena will vault NU into being a tournament contender. 3
9)NU has B1G quality coaches. 4
10)NU's coaches can improve the program. 4
11)NU's coaches have what it takes to get to the NCAA tournament. 4
12)NU's coaches have recruited well. 4

Once again your help is greatly appreciated. Note that this survey is suppose to be an overall look and not just based on this season. Thanks again

My answers are in the quote above. The short answer is we have the administration and the facilities that we need to become successful but that a coaching change is unfortunately a necessity at this point toward turning the program around.

1)The administration is committed to making men's basketball an NCAA tournament contender. 3. We'll see. If Doc is retained then the answer is 5. If he's retained and they take the cheap route then 4.

2)The administration has done a good job evaluating coaches who can get us to the NCAA tournament. 4. Probably would have been a good idea to fire doc after the 2-14 season a couple years ago. Writing has been on the wall for a while.

3)NU has the administration in place to improve it's men's basketball staff when necessary. 2. Having someone like Boehm dedicated to bball is a good idea but it hasn't produced any results. The committment required to build the practice facility seems to mean the admin is serious.

4)The administration is willing to spend the money it takes to become a relevant tournament contender. 3. We'll see. If they go out and hire a coach that will accept the same money Doc's getting then the answer is 5.

5)NU has improved its facilities to your satisfaction. 1. No more facilities excuse.

6)NU's facilities are tops in the country. 3. Might want to re-word this one. "Best in the country"? That's hard to say and probably a tall order. Competitive with the best? if that's what you're getting at then the answer is 1.

7)The new arena and practice facility will improve recruiting. 3. Only a good recruiting staff will be able to capitalize on the facilities. It helps. But doesn't guarantee anything.

8)The practice facility and arena will vault NU into being a tournament contender. 3. See the answer to #7.

9)NU has B1G quality coaches. 5. Obviously not. Not even remotely close.

10)NU's coaches can improve the program. 5. They will be fired in a matter of weeks.

11)NU's coaches have what it takes to get to the NCAA tournament. 5. See #10.

12)NU's coaches have recruited well. 5. Utter failure.

Last edited:

1)The administration is committed to making men's basketball an NCAA tournament contender. 3
2)The administration has done a good job evaluating coaches who can get us to the NCAA tournament. 4
3)NU has the administration in place to improve it's men's basketball staff when necessary. 2
4)The administration is willing to spend the money it takes to become a relevant tournament contender. 3
5)NU has improved its facilities to your satisfaction. 3
6)NU's facilities are tops in the country. 3
8)The practice facility and arena will vault NU into being a tournament contender. 4
10)NU's coaches can improve the program. 3
12)NU's coaches have recruited well. 3

1)The administration is committed to making men's basketball an NCAA tournament contender. 5
2)The administration has done a good job evaluating coaches who can get us to the NCAA tournament. 4
3)NU has the administration in place to improve it's men's basketball staff when necessary. 2
4)The administration is willing to spend the money it takes to become a relevant tournament contender. 1
5)NU has improved its facilities to your satisfaction. 1
6)NU's facilities are tops in the country. 3
8)The practice facility and arena will vault NU into being a tournament contender. 4
10)NU's coaches can improve the program. 4
12)NU's coaches have recruited well. 4

There are some unknowns in your questions, however I will answer.

1. Committed to making the tournament: 2, I agree but I don't see a sense of urgency.
2. Good job evaluating coaches to get to the tourney: 5.. TO is ultra loyal but I think we gave Doc one too many years.
3. Administration in place to improve bball staff: Don't know, TO has never hired a basketball coach.
4. Spend money to become a contender: 1... but that could change depending how they open the wallet for a potential new coach.
5. improved facilities: 1, especially considering the old facilities
6. Facilities topps in the country: I have no idea and I laugh at anyone who says they do. Who knows how our facilities compare to Tennessee for example. Is our weight room, practice facility and locker room better than Illinois? I don't know. I will say the improvements makes us competitive when it comes to stuff like that.
7. Help improve recruiting: 1, facilities will no longer be a negative for a potential recruit
8. Facilities vault us into a tourney contender: 5.. still need the players
9. BIG quality coaches: 4, Doc's a good guy, but not getting it done
10. NU coaches can improve the program: 5 I've lost faith
11: NU coaches can get to the tourney: 5 prove me wrong
12 NU coaches have recruited well: 3, I think they've had some tough breaks with a guy or two who they thought they could get into school but didn't.

Thank you to everyone that has responded. I really appreciate it.

I have till Tuesday so if anyone would like to help it would be really helpful.

Last edited:

1)The administration is committed to making men's basketball an NCAA tournament contender.
2)The administration has done a good job evaluating coaches who can get us to the NCAA tournament.
3)NU has the administration in place to improve it's men's basketball staff when necessary.
4)The administration is willing to spend the money it takes to become a relevant tournament contender.
5)NU has improved its facilities to your satisfaction.
6)NU's facilities are tops in the country.
7)The new arena and practice facility will improve recruiting.
8)The practice facility and arena will vault NU into being a tournament contender.
9)NU has B1G quality coaches.
10)NU's coaches can improve the program.
11)NU's coaches have what it takes to get to the NCAA tournament.
12)NU's coaches have recruited well.

I'd have input on a number of your statements, but with recent improvements and changes in our programs mindset it's hard to tell how some decisions could change the opinion on others.

The long overdue improvements to the facilities are the first step in proving that the administration truly does want our program to be successful. Our coaches have been fighting a losing battle on many levels because of the neglect in the past.

Now that these improvements have been made have our coaches had a chance to prove one way or the other whether they can raise their game now that they are on a more level playing field? I'm not sure that's the case.

The practice facility and the arena alone do not immediately make us a contender. There are many other things that need to grow from the seeds planted, but the building and quality of them make a very strong statement.

Right now we're in the very early stages of seeing if our administration is going to continue to bolster our basketball programs or if they think the facilities alone are supposed to fix everything.

It's a very good statement. For years our various coaches were taking basketball recruits to football games. Letting them see all the fans over there, the facilities over there.

When they were then taken to Devaney, it was often dark, deserted.....burned out lightbulbs throughout, dark shadows in the hallways.

It was a tough sell. No coach has truly had the full opportunity to experience taking advantage of the recruiting process. That's what this season and next offseason are for.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back