• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Nebrasketball players considered boycott

I hear ya...I'm more disappointed in general that people, particularly on college campuses, can't deal with the fact that some people suck and some of those sucky people are going to be sitting right next to you. Admittedly, I don't know if this supposed Nazi has done anything that warrants getting kicked out. But if it's just espousing idiotic viewpoints then he has that right.

I bring it up all the time...when I was at UNL in the late 80s and early 90s there was a Jesus Freak that used to hang around the Union on occasion telling everyone they were going to hell, they were fornicators, etc. These days that guy would be beaten to a pulp if the University didn't get to him first and remove him. Back then people milled about just to hear what kind of crazy s--- he was going to say next or to mock him or just have a good laugh. Occasionally, someone would actually approach and debate him. It's unfortunate that people can't just walk away anymore.

Sorry to make a "hot topics" post. rant over.
I was thinking of the exact same Jesus freak and family. Thinking of the comedic and angry responses. Most people just walked away and shook their heads.

Same with the kneeling during national anthem. If the media ignored them, it would have went away very quickly. Just because people exercise their rights doesn't mean they get national attention for it!

I hear ya...I'm more disappointed in general that people, particularly on college campuses, can't deal with the fact that some people suck and some of those sucky people are going to be sitting right next to you. Admittedly, I don't know if this supposed Nazi has done anything that warrants getting kicked out. But if it's just espousing idiotic viewpoints then he has that right.

I bring it up all the time...when I was at UNL in the late 80s and early 90s there was a Jesus Freak that used to hang around the Union on occasion telling everyone they were going to hell, they were fornicators, etc. These days that guy would be beaten to a pulp if the University didn't get to him first and remove him. Back then people milled about just to hear what kind of crazy s--- he was going to say next or to mock him or just have a good laugh. Occasionally, someone would actually approach and debate him. It's unfortunate that people can't just walk away anymore.

I just graduated in 2015 and he showed up just about every semester. I think he traveled around colleges in the midwest. Never “beaten to a pulp”. Not sure why you think things have changed so much.

I have zero problem with this whatsoever. In fact, I think it was a positive message done in a tactful manner.

We can debate all day about kneeling during the anthem, but without going full-on Hot Topics I think we can all agree that it is controversial and that the message tends to get lost in the controversy. These players didn’t go full-blown SJW and demand anything, they just put forth a positive, unified message. That’s what a place of learning should be about.

Well done! Now let’s get focused back on Rutgers and keep grinding!

I have zero problem with this whatsoever. In fact, I think it was a positive message done in a tactful manner.

We can debate all day about kneeling during the anthem, but without going full-on Hot Topics I think we can all agree that it is controversial and that the message tends to get lost in the controversy. These players didn’t go full-blown SJW and demand anything, they just put forth a positive, unified message. That’s what a place of learning should be about.

Rainbow...you posts make great prose.....look so easy...

giphy.gif

Nicely said.

I knew this kid when he was in high school, real screwed up family. I’m frankly surprised he got himself into UNL, so must have gotten his stuff together somewhat. Apparently didn’t completely dodge the idiot gene though.

1. This guy is a douchebag.
2. This douchebag has free-speech rights. Those are the same free-speech rights that the anti-white crowd enjoy. It works both ways.
3. Free lesson in constitutional rights enjoyed by undergraduates in Lincoln, NE.

BBall team handled it fine. The talk of boycott was silly. Put on some shirts, go for the pro-human stance, come out looking like winners. Well done.

I remember that guy as I was on campus about the same time as you. He’d take his views into the downtown area as well, stand on street corners and float around.

Not sure I agree with you he’d be beaten to a pulp today, but he clearly was polarizing and there would certainly be some angst thrown his way.

Society is a lot more sensitive today, and fairly predictable in my opinion.

Same with the kneeling during national anthem. If the media ignored them, it would have went away very quickly. Just because people exercise their rights doesn't mean they get national attention for it!
It never should have gone away. The original points of the protest were to view their anger/frustration whatever with what they believed were unjust acts of violence against innocent black people. The protests should have been respected for what they were meant for and they would have died down on their own.

Because of the wall I couldn't read it but my 1st thought was, as long as he isn't threatening anyone then just ignore him.

Hey Coach Miles, tell your players to ignore him and don't give him the satisfaction that he got to them.

I am not black. I will let black players decide how to handle their reactions on how to respond to someone who openly goes against who they are as people. I for one hope they don't ignore it. On the other hand, I don't think boycotting was called for either. But it looks like the players have handled it with civil discussion and clear heads

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back