• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Nebraskan in Tennis Hall of Fame

I wish they had a video of the entire induction ceremony. It was marvelous. But you tube offers a peek.

A bit more Clijsters

Last edited:

Monique Kalkman's induction speech was a bit of a tear jerker.

Wonderful gatherings and moments like this are the result of Jimmy Van Allen's vision and positive leadership in 1950.

Mike Riley provides us with another example of positive leadership. As you follow your passion, there will be some success and some failure, but like Kim Clijsters said, you must always remain positive and optimistic.

Last edited:
For those who don't understand why Kim Clijsters (and others) joked about her ability to do the splits...it was a unique and well-known aspect of her game.

563847-070112-kim-clijsters.jpg

Last edited:
Roddick came on the scene toward the end of the Agassi/Sampras era and during the brunt of the Federer/Nadal/Djokovic/Murray era. It is considered the strongest era in men's tennis history.

Roddick admitted that he was not the best of his era, and perhaps lucky to be in the HOF, but as he said, he was proud to know that he "Guarded Jordan, went the distance with Ali, and pitched to Babe Ruth."

Last edited:

Roddick came on the scene toward the end of the Agassi/Sampras era and during the brunt of the Federer/Nadal/Djokovic/Murray era. It is considered the strongest era in men's tennis history.

Roddick admitted that he was not the best of his era, and perhaps lucky to be in the HOF, but as he said, he was proud to know that he "Guarded Jordan, went the distance with Ali, and pitched to Babe Ruth."

I saw his speech and thought that was a great quote.

I saw his speech and thought that was a great quote.

It IS a great quote. In his speech he said that he experienced the highest level of tennis there has ever been. Yes, Roddick felt he played against the greatest players of all time, and that was the impetus behind his quote...comparing Sampras, Agassi, Federer, Nadal, Djokovic and Murray to Michael Jordan, Muhammad Ali and Babe Ruth.

Roddick only won one Major. But if he had played in a different era...in the 50s, 60s, 70s, or 80s, he may have won more of them....perhaps had a better chance. Hard to say.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back