• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Nebraska will have the second toughest schedule in the country in 2018

In the thread to predict how many wins Nebraska would have this coming season, I went with 10. But in all honesty, if we hit the 8 wins mark, I'm going to be both disappointed, and happy at the same time. Disappointed, because we should have never, had a 4 - 8 season in my lifetime, never. Happy, because it means that the Frost Company is the real deal, and we will most likely be hoisting that NC Trophy soon. GO BIG RED!!!!!

:Lol: I never said folks around here are reasonable. How many games do you think we’ll be picked to win in all the preseason publications - by folks outside Nebraska?
I couldn't care less about national publications. They are lazy...just as calling this schedule the 2nd toughest in the nation is. That is based 100% on last year's results. It takes absolutely nothing else into account. Not worth the paper it isn't printed on.

Based on last year's results NU will be an easy out for most teams. Do you believe THAT to be true? I don't.

I dont think it is a stretch in any sense to say thst last year's 4-8 team was in no way a 4-8 football team. At all.

Last edited:
Based on last year's results NU will be an easy out for most teams. Do you believe THAT to be true? I don't.

I don't think it is a stretch in any sense to say that last year's 4-8 team was in no way a 4-8 football team. At all.
I tend to agree with the quoted. We had/have, more talent than that 4 - 8 record, beyond a shadow of a doubt in my mind. I can see a reverse of records this year, if not better.

Thanks B1G schedule makers. Is it too late to add a road game against Penn State to our 2018 schedule? We play every other top conference team on the road.

I couldn't care less about national publications. They are lazy...just as calling this schedule the 2nd toughest in the nation is. That is based 100% on last year's results. It takes absolutely nothing else into account. Not worth the paper it isn't printed on.

I dont think it is a stretch in any sense to say thst last year's 4-8 team was in no way a 4-8 football team. At all.

I don't care about the publications either, nor do I care much about Vegas predictions, I don't bet. And you are correct, Nebraska should have won > 4 games in 2017 (Vegas predicted 7). But we didn't.

None of the conjecture matters toward the outcome of the games, it's all just talk, it's what we do. NEBRASKANS FEEL that we will make major improvement in 2018 and I think we will too, but I think that outsiders, given the schedule we play, with 100% new coaches, inheriting a 4 win team would put us in the 5, 6, maybe 7 win category. I won't be suicidal if we end up there, either, maybe just a little surprised.

Let's check the Vegas preseason win forecasts for 2018 in August... I'll be happy if I'm wrong, but I'm gonna say 5-7.

That's all fine. Are there specific teams on the schedule that you feel are overrated? This thread doesn't mean we won't win more games and doesn't strike me as negative, but we certainly got the tougher crossover games in what's becoming a stronger conference. Unless a couple of teams crash and burn, this will be one of the toughest schedules in the country, and there's no harm in having that out there.

I hope reporters ask SF about it multiple times, so he can say, "we play in the toughest conference in the nation and we can't control who we line up against. What we can control is our culture and how hard we play. Screw the SEC." (I won't be mad if he doesn't say the last part out loud as long as he thinks it.)

Strength of schedule rankings mean about as much as team rankings at this point. Next to nothing.

True, but this thread is marching toward page 3 with a thousand views :thumbsup:

Means we have something to jaw about in the lonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnggggggggggggg offseason. ;)

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back