• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

NEBRASKA vs OKLA ST - 6-3-16 - Doug Kingsmore Stadium in Clemson, S.C. - 11 AM CTRL

Haven't chimed in a whole lot this season, but I've been watching closely all the same. Here's something that will be hard for some to wrap their heads around. I believe this years Huskers over-achieved this year on the whole. I also believe that it reflects positively on the coaching.

There are obvious deficiencies on the team. Coming a half game from winning the B1G season outright and qualifying for the NCAA, (Even if we're barely in), with the deficiencies noted demonstrates solid guidance.

We all hope for better, of course. And things like "player development" and on field performance are always fair game for discussion. Noting these things however, I can make a very strong case, (and will in a later posting), that Erstad coached Huskers are on a slow but upward trajectory.

Here's hoping for a second game win! GBR!

Haven't chimed in a whole lot this season, but I've been watching closely all the same. Here's something that will be hard for some to wrap their heads around. I believe this years Huskers over-achieved this year on the whole. I also believe that it reflects positively on the coaching.

There are obvious deficiencies on the team. Coming a half game from winning the B1G season outright and qualifying for the NCAA, (Even if we're barely in), with the deficiencies noted demonstrates solid guidance.

We all hope for better, of course. And things like "player development" and on field performance are always fair game for discussion. Noting these things however, I can make a very strong case, (and will in a later posting), that Erstad coached Huskers are on a slow but upward trajectory.

Here's hoping for a second game win! GBR!

I'm not sure NU overachieved ... but I wouldn't say they underachieved either.

I do feel there's a lack of quality coaching with the bats. But certainly, the pitching improved significantly as the season wore on.

It's hard for me to use the Big Ten as a measuring stick, as it's simply no better than a mediocre baseball conference. There were about four above-average teams -- but not a team that I would consider to be "very good."

I'd feel a lot better about this season if it doesn't end with 0-2 in the conference tourney then 0-2 in the NCAA tourney.

To be fair, no one has scored runs off this guy all season. He is a stud. Not fair to judge the Huskers against this guy. He is a Dude.

Smart alleck.

I don't understand the remark, BasilLongfellow! They showed he had a 6-2 record, I think. Or, calling him a stud is not being a smart aleck!

Please explain why I am a smart aleck. I was just concurring what you said! :confused:

Thomas Hatch

PITCHING STATS

YEARTEAMWLERAAPPGSCGSHOSVIPHRERBBSOWPHPOBA
2016Oklahoma State722.161616330112.19430272810257.234

<tbody>
</tbody>

http://www.d1baseball.com/player/thomas-hatch-hatchth42/

Last edited:
I don't understand the remark, BasilLongfellow! They showed he had a 6-2 record, I think. Or, calling him a stud is not being a smart aleck!

Please explain why I am a smart aleck. I was just concurring what you said! :confused:

Thomas Hatch

PITCHING STATS

YEARTEAMWLERAAPPGSCGSHOSVIPHRERBBSOWPHPOBA
2016Oklahoma State722.161616330112.19430272810257.234

<tbody>
</tbody>

http://www.d1baseball.com/player/thomas-hatch-hatchth42/

I was using hyperbole in my post. I read your post as giving me a hard time, good naturedly of course, so I posted with the intent to give you some guff back. My intent was to be good natured.

I was using hyperbole in my post. I read your post as giving me a hard time, good naturedly of course, so I posted with the intent to give you some guff back. My intent was to be good natured.

Don't know how you read that, BL. When I agree with someone, it's not to be a smart aleck. ;) In any case, all is right. :)

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back