• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Nebraska vs Ohio State - B1G Qtr Final (1:30pm CDT)

Do not hang this game on the refs. NU needs to be more aggressive at the hoop, driving and drawing fouls. They need a couple of people who can split the defense and get to the rack. Perimeter offenses usually do not fair well. When four guys are running a weave at the perimeter and one of them decides it is his turn to shoot, the others just stand around and watch as the other team rebound the miss. Can't win with that approach.

Do not hang this game on the refs. NU needs to be more aggressive at the hoop, driving and drawing fouls. They need a couple of people who can split the defense and get to the rack. Perimeter offenses usually do not fair well. When four guys are running a weave at the perimeter and one of them decides it is his turn to shoot, the others just stand around and watch as the other team rebound the miss. Can't win with that approach.
I agree...refs had nothing to do with it. Impossible to lose this game if we play the final 10 minutes correctly. Choked..plain and simple.

At this point I'm hoping for an 11 seed. Beat a 6 in R1 then probably a 3 in R2. Looking at the pool of potential 6s and 3s, we have the potential to beat them and we advance to the sweet 16.

Being an 8,9, 10 sets you up with a likely 1 or 2 in R2 which I would prefer to avoid.

Dropping to a 12 also isn't the end of the world, but does present a likely scenario of having to beat a 4 and a 5 back to back. Not too much different than a 6 and 3 scenario. But I think I prefer the 6 3 combo.

Oh, and yes, we are in for sure IMO.

We weren't able to handle the defensive full court pressure. We need a good point guard. I expected to lose in the tourney, even this game But, not this way. Prior to this game, ahhhhhhh, to hell with it!

Come on, Connie and gals.

Tough loss. But nu is still in.

That said...Webster is awful. I recall a few people repeatedly talking about a certain analyst...can't recall who...saying he was a 4 star guy. He isn't. And if *** is correct about him wanting to come to school late next year to play in a tourney in NZ he should be shown the door. He needs to be on campus...working with his teammates

To me, it was fairly cut and dry. One team was playing to win. The other team was playing not to lose. We see it in all sports, and we almost always know how it turns out.

Anyhow, it is a young team... that is understood ... but we need to get our swagger back.

Craft is an average player who plays with great effort. That's about all he brings to the table

I think Craft is awesome for what he is supposed to do. Just like Benny Parker. I hope Parker is as good as Craft his senior season.

I am glad we will not be seeing him against the Huskers any longer.

Freakin' had to play Webster at the point and our PG couldn't help us press break, not a coincidence they went on their run when he played significant minutes, what a freakin' joke....

That being said it was also X's and O's, once we moved the press break back and kept our bigs back, we did fine. But if you're gonna have 4 guys in the backcourt on the floor you better have a couple deep...

To me, it was fairly cut and dry. One team was playing to win. The other team was playing not to lose. We see it in all sports, and we almost always know how it turns out.

Anyhow, it is a young team... that is understood ... but we need to get our swagger back.

If someone would have told me we lost 71-67 to OSU without me seeing the game I would have been satisfied that we went toe to toe with them and showed we can play with ranked teams. But the way we lost is disappointing. Poor execution on the inbounds and horrible offensive movement in the half court doomed us and let them have a win.

We let them have it. Depressing.

That said, I think that Miles will have them ready to go for the NCAA tournament(I am hoping) and I think we can win a game there.

Tough loss. But nu is still in.

That said...Webster is awful. I recall a few people repeatedly talking about a certain analyst...can't recall who...saying he was a 4 star guy. He isn't. And if *** is correct about him wanting to come to school late next year to play in a tourney in NZ he should be shown the door. He needs to be on campus...working with his teammates
Webster will be better down the road. Its going to take some time for him to get used to the fierce competition in the United States. Competition in New Zealand has to be major step down from US.

Freakin' had to play Webster at the point and our PG couldn't help us press break, not a coincidence they went on their run when he played significant minutes, what a freakin' joke....

That being said it was also X's and O's, once we moved the press break back and kept our bigs back, we did fine. But if you're gonna have 4 guys in the backcourt on the floor you better have a couple deep...

Any word on Tarin Smith? We need a point guard that causes offense to happen.

Webster will be better down the road. Its going to take some time for him to get used to the fierce competition in the United States. Competition in New Zealand has to be major step down from US.

I haven't given up on Webster yet but I do agree that he just isn't very good right now.

I also agree that he needs to be in Lincoln in the off season to work with his team if he wants the Huskers to be his team.

Lets hope this loss puts the fire back in the bellies and we come out ready to play in the NCAA Tournament. Maybe this loss could be turned into a positive next week??

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back