• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Nebraska vs Ohio State (11/3/18)

I was beginning to get upset over by 40,000 posts and how it meant my life was crappy according to @BigMacHusker, but then I looked at your post count! Thanks bob! :thumbsup:

Most of my posts come from calling Husker baseball, along with carrolltonsker (csker) and Ackos. I also do some other sports, just to join in when I can, such as volleyball with csker. If I had the time, I would have a couple of hundred thousand more! :) You gotta' love the forum! It is the best!
I would also like to add, if it weren't for David and his partner (sorry, forgot his name!), we would not be able to enjoy our Huskers the way we do. David has built this forum up to be the best in the world, managed and supported by a heck of a lot of great Husker fans and alumni. :Nothingtoadd::Huskermaxflag::Balloons:

Last edited:

We saw a team fight. An offense executing in key moments. A defense force turnovers that mattered. An offensive line win the line of scrimmage, and most importantly a franchise level true freshman quarterback in Adrian Martinez. All of that has created about as much optimism as you'll ever see following a 36-31 loss.

Some of their fans are very knowledgeable while others are complete morons imo. Guess the same can be said about all forums on any subject including college football.........

they played well on Saturday. I am leery of reading into it too much though. Nebraska had a close loss vs Texas in 2006, pelini had a close loss vs Texas in 2009, Riley had a close win vs Michigan St in 2015. It's hard to know what to make of close games against good teams other than they played well that day.

they played well on Saturday. I am leery of reading into it too much though. Nebraska had a close loss vs Texas in 2006, pelini had a close loss vs Texas in 2009, Riley had a close win vs Michigan St in 2015. It's hard to know what to make of close games against good teams other than they played well that day.
It isn't about the "close loss". It is about the performance of this team prior to this game and the performance in the game today and primarily against top level teams. If you cannot see the difference in this team's performance from the Michigan game to the OSU game then we have nothing to discuss.

The performances of the Pelini/Riley teams in those games are apples and oranges.

It isn't about the "close loss". It is about the performance of this team prior to this game and the performance in the game today and primarily against top level teams. If you cannot see the difference in this team's performance from the Michigan game to the OSU game then we have nothing to discuss.

The performances of the Pelini/Riley teams in those games are apples and oranges.
they have definitely improved since the beginning of the season. maybe I should have quoted it but I was taking issue with this part of the piece :

The Huskers may have fallen short against No. 10 Ohio State, but they sent a message to the rest of the conference what type of team they plan to be under Frost in the future.

Like I said, with all of those other close games, I think the feeling was similar to this past Saturday. Sentiment like Nebraska has arrived and now we will contend with the blue bloods. I just wouldn't read into the game on Saturday more than they played a good game. Maybe I'd read into it that we can probably beat Illinois at home.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back