• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Nebraska vs Northwestern Game Thread (9/23/16) Post Game Interviews Added (Video)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tommy put the team on his back this game. He is clearly the leader of this team. The win wasn't pretty, but a win is a win especially against Northwestern. They play us hard, damn hard.

They do. It's never an easy place to play. Pat Fitzgerald gets a lot of effort out of his guys.

Should have been a 3 score win. It seems like a broken record saying we have to clean stuff up.

Win and move on. Goal of being 7-0 and heading to Madison is intact.

Coach Riley always great interviews...sound bites. Love the teaching opportunity response, "...need to take better care of the ball down near the end zone." HCMR said it all when he said that those two scoring opportunities could've "...saved us a lot of the anxiety at the end."

Last edited:

Left a lot of points on the field with bad mistakes. But . . . winning when you are struggling like that is key. Wouldn't have happened last year. Move on and try to keep cleaning things up.

The "run the damn ball" community should be pretty happy through our first four games. DL's gameplans and dedication to stick with the run even when the going gets tough is nice. I think it'll pay off more and more as the season progresses.

Great win!!! For a second I was worried it was going to be like 2009 Iowa State (when that invisible force field kept stopping us from carrying the ball into the end zone), but the Huskers overcame it! GO BIG RED!

They do. It's never an easy place to play. Pat Fitzgerald gets a lot of effort out of his guys.

Should have been a 3 score win. It seems like a broken record saying we have to clean stuff up.

Win and move on. Goal of being 7-0 and heading to Madison is intact.

All of this^^

It shaping up to look like the Wisky game could be for the West.

The "run the damn ball" community should be pretty happy through our first four games. DL's gameplans and dedication to stick with the run even when the going gets tough is nice. I think it'll pay off more and more as the season progresses.

I agree. Seems like DL is really more in tune with his players' strengths...and how/when to use them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back