• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Nebraska vs Northern Illinois Game Thread (9/15/17)

Hanging on to Riley is bad enough, but you also have the issue of Tim Miles and basketball!! He renewed both these coaches
How long of an extension was Riley given?How long left on current contract?We have been down for quite awhile,disappointed in the extension.

I've been a supporter of this staff since day one, when there is a change, I will be supportive of that staff on day one as well. I will always support a new staff until they prove me otherwise. Last week had me looking over the ledge, today I jumped. I'll continue to support the kids, but this staff has lost my support.
The real question is, can we grab the Duke coach before someone else does?
Support is easy, when the return is good. Support for something you don't believe in is tough. We all support the Huskers. The difference was wasting time with non qualified leadership. Mike Riley is Jon Makovic 2.0. Always was. He could be the worst coach in the entire BIG now.

Support is easy, when the return is good. Support for something you don't believe in is tough. We all support the Huskers. The difference was wasting time with non qualified leadership. Mike Riley is Jon Makovic 2.0. Always was. He could be the worst coach in the entire BIG now.

Are you really Bo Pelini?
LOL.

he cannot and should not survive 6-6. possibly not 7-5 either. 8-4 would probably do it.

With Wisconsin, Ohio State, and Penn State on the horizon, 7-5 is probably the best we can expect. In fact, with this team, it would be a dream come true if we can beat the other 6 teams.

Come on Nebraska, 7-5, you can do it!

Well, my wife and I left the game, like most Husker fans, totally disturbed by what we witnessed. We went out to eat a really nice meal and returned to our home. It is now approximately 10 hours after the game and I have had some time to reflect, digest some of the stark reality of this Husker team.

Been a Husker fan since 1970, missed three home games in that time span. I can say, without a doubt, that this game with NIU was one of the most dismal displays of Husker football I have ever watched. EVER!

1. We (Husker football team) seem to have no confidence in our ability to perform as a team. Way too many mistakes.

2. Our player talent, for the most part, is way over hyped by the media.

3. The players never seem to be mentally prepared to play the game from the start. This comes from within the coaching staff.

4. We lack the consistency of a coherent game plan and the execution thereof.

5. There appears to be no leadership, no step up guy (coach or player) who can command the attention of the rest of the team and produce results.

6. Most importantly, in order for this program to succeed, coaches need to focus on building the team from the inside out, starting with the offensive line and defensive line. I have screamed this statement on this forum many times, only to have many members reject the concept, with condescending retorts, in favor of more "flash and dash" guys. Many continue to give accolades to our offensive line with comments like, "They are young and have a lot of potential" The horse named "Potential" will never get out of the barn and around the race track. Sadly, we are seeing the result of not focusing on recruiting quality linemen.

End of rant. I am now going to bed. Hopefully, the sun will come up tomorrow in Husker land.

Well, my wife and I left the game, like most Husker fans, totally disturbed by what we witnessed. We went out to eat a really nice meal and returned to our home. It is now approximately 10 hours after the game and I have had some time to reflect, digest some of the stark reality of this Husker team.

Been a Husker fan since 1970, missed three home games in that time span. I can say, without a doubt, that this game with NIU was one of the most dismal displays of Husker football I have ever watched. EVER!

1. We (Husker football team) seem to have no confidence in our ability to perform as a team. Way too many mistakes.

2. Our player talent, for the most part, is way over hyped by the media.

3. The players never seem to be mentally prepared to play the game from the start. This comes from within the coaching staff.

4. We lack the consistency of a coherent game plan and the execution thereof.

5. There appears to be no leadership, no step up guy (coach or player) who can command the attention of the rest of the team and produce results.

6. Most importantly, in order for this program to succeed, coaches need to focus on building the team from the inside out, starting with the offensive line and defensive line. I have screamed this statement on this forum many times, only to have many members reject the concept, with condescending retorts, in favor of more "flash and dash" guys. Many continue to give accolades to our offensive line with comments like, "They are young and have a lot of potential" The horse named "Potential" will never get out of the barn and around the race track. Sadly, we are seeing the result of not focusing on recruiting quality linemen.

End of rant. I am now going to bed. Hopefully, the sun will come up tomorrow in Husker land.

Agree, agree, agree, agree, agree, agree and agree.

NIU was one of the most dismal displays of Husker football I have ever watched. EVER!
............ yep, especially cupcake foe. Much worst than 2004 S.Miss. BTW, exactly the same score; 17-21.

Callahan in third season and third week, only 1 loss, USC @ Coliseum (final record, 9W-4L)

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back