• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Nebraska vs Northern Illinois Game Thread (9/15/17)

Man I had high hopes for this team even after last week. I was looking at Iowa Wisconsin and NW and even Ohio state thinking man, we might have a shot at a run the way their games have played out. Not saying we still can't but now it's hard to see how this offense can get us there. Hopefully we get it figured out. Wow

Absolutely no excuse. Zero. Zilch. They lost to flippin BC. That was a backup QB. Their defensive line owned our offensive line. I am tired of excuses. I am tired of the soft play. This hire is an abject failure. And then to give him an extension? Shawn Eichhorst must go now. Serve notice. Now!
Just got home from gd's soccer game.Haven't seen the game yet,but know the score. I agree with you on this one.Three years into this regime,and we struggle against ASU and look terrible against Oregon,then lose to a NIU!? This experiment isn't working.

Tanner Lee on 2 passes (to NIU) almost threw for more yards than their QB threw for the entire game (112 vs 128)

it isnt about you telling the truth. any coach deserves support in the beginning. you and a few others were obviously not going tongive the guy an inch.

some of you say "when will you turn on Riley like you did the others?" (i.e. sonny, thill,) what they dont get is that most of us will support any coach in the beginning. some of you never ever supported callahan or rikey amd that is WEAK. your support is conditional on who hires the guy. lame.
Never give an inch if another inch isn't possible. It wasn't and never was. I'm sorry man, this was an over obvious train wreck and wasted time. Wasn't that I didn't want the Huskers to win, it's that I knew it was unlikely.

Time for a new quarterback. Quarterbacks not only need to perform, but they are the general on the field. We need a new quarterback:

1. The interceptions are unacceptable. Lee had the same problem before and he still has it. It is just who he is.

2. A new quarterback may be able to convince the rest of the offense to step it up a notch.

3. A new quarterback now will give him 2 easier games (Rutgers, Illinois) before having to face Wisconsin and Ohio State.

4. Lee's record now is 2 losses and a squeaker against Arkansas State a pretty poor record.

It is now or never.

I can't believe the players are coached to play the way they are. A lot of this has to fall on the players.
Amen to that Redwing. This team wasn't ready to play today and not all of that's on the coaches. Effort looks weak and uninspiring play on both sides of the ball.

Last edited:

to piggyback my own post. it isnt like the non support hurt wins and losses. i just dont understand why people prefer to be uber negative and whine right out of the gate. i guess some find that fun.

Was what we just watched for the last 4 hours fun?

How are we supposed to react? "Oh gosh, we lost, but we will get better!" ?

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back