• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Nebraska vs Miami Game Thread (9/19/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now they need to forget this loss and move on to next week. That game is no "gimme" by any stretch. Coach Riley says every game, win or lose, is a teaching moment. I would love to heat what he has to say to his staff and the players.

Boys fought and made it a game. Just too many mental mistakes, including Alex Lewis. I expect more from a captain. Tommy shouldn't have made the throw. He made a mistake.

Argh...heartbreak city again for the 2nd time in 3 games. Ugh, I really thought we had the momentum and were going to take it in OT. *sigh*

Wonderful comeback, though. So proud the team didn't give up or give in. Scoring 23 points in 8 minutes is no mean feat - and two, 2-point conversions is not easy to do. The guy who said we would win on two, 2-point conversions almost wound up looking like a seer, lol.

Just like the BYU game, there are things to fix, but also a lot for the team to hold their heads up about. The team will learn from its mistakes and be better for it - I really think that's the case. And Tommy Armstrong was so clutch, not to mention Stanley Morgan, Jr. and Brandon Reilly and Jordan Westerkamp and all the guys who made those crazy 4th quarter drives turn into points.

What needs work, is not getting down so bad to begin with. If the team can do that, their future is bright.

Go for 2 on the 2nd touchdown instead of the PAT that way going into the final TD knowing either we need a pat or 2 pt conversion. They couldn't stop us in 4th quarter. Still disappointed in the loss. Throw it 3 yrds higher in the air & it's a touchdown instead it's an INT in OT. We still win the Big 10 West & beat MSU at home. Miami has the sAmerican speed as Ohio State which I give us a good chance of beating Thanks to this game. GBR.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back