• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Nebraska vs Iowa Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the Athletic Dept.:

Nebraska Post-Game Notes
Nebraska at Iowa, Nov. 28, 2014

4 Nebraska came from behind to post a 37-34 overtime victory at Iowa. The Huskers trailed by 17 in the second half before rallying to win. The 17-point comeback tied for the largest road comeback in school history and for the second-largest overall comeback in program history. The Huskers improved to 8-1 in overtime games with their third consecutive overtime win.

4 With the victory, Nebraska finished the regular season with a 9-3 record. The Huskers have posted a nine-win season for the seventh straight season, as only Nebraska, Alabama and Oregon have won at least nine games every season since 2008. NU also finished 5-3 in Big Ten Conference play, posting a winning conference record for the seventh straight season.

4 The win gave Bo Pelini 66 wins in his first seven seasons as Nebraska’s head coach. He passed Tom Osborne for the most wins by a Husker head coach in his first seven seasons. Pelini also became just the sixth coach in FBS history at Power Five Conference school to win nine games in each of his first seven seasons.

4 Nebraska wide receiver Kenny Bell caught the game-winning nine-yard touchdown pass in the first overtime. Bell also had a 32-yard touchdown pass in the fourth quarter, as he tied his career high with two touchdown receptions. Bell increased his career total to 20 touchdown receptions, becoming only the third player in school history to record 20 career touchdown catches.

Bell finished the game with three catches for 53 yards. The three catches extended his streak to 27 consecutive games with at least one reception since he was held without a catch at Iowa in 2012. Overall, Bell has caught at least one pass in 50 of his last 51 games.

4 Freshman De’Mornay Pierson-El had three punt returns for 134 yards in today’s game. He returned two punts for 121 yards in the fourth quarter alone, including an 80-yard touchdown. Pierson-El also had a 41-yard fourth-quarter return, giving him nine returns of at least 20 yards this season. Pierson-El now has 589 punt return yards this season to rank third in school history. His three punt return touchdowns in 2014 are tied for the third-most in Nebraska history. Pierson-El entered the game averaging 15.2 yards per return to lead the Big Ten and rank fourth in the nation.

4 Quarterback Tommy Armstrong Jr. tossed a career-high four touchdown passes in the win, including the game-winning TD pass to Kenny Bell in overtime. Armstrong finished with 202 passing yards, marking his seventh 200-yard passing effort this season.

4 Armstrong accounted for 233 yards of total offense in today’s game. He increased his season total to 2,978 yards to move into fourth place on the NU total offense list, passing Jammal Lord’s 2002 total of 2,774 yards and Taylor Martinez’s 2011 total of 2,963 yards. Armstrong passed Martinez for the most yards of total offense by a sophomore in school history.

4 Nebraska I-back Ameer Abdullah rushed 13 times for 106 yards, including a 53-yard run in the third quarter, his fourth run of at least 50 yards this season. Abdullah increased his season rushing total to 1,523, moving him up to sixth on the NU single-season rushing list. Abdullah also became only the second player in school history with two 1,500-yard rushing season, joining Mike Rozier. Abdullah had 1,690 rushing yards in 2013.

4 The game marked Abdullah’s nation-leading 24th career 100-yard rushing game and his seventh of the 2014 season. His 24 career 100-yard games rank second in Nebraska history to Mike Rozier’s 26 100-yard games.

4 Abdullah increased his career rushing total to 4,500 yards. Abdullah also increased his career all-purpose yardage total to 6,917, moving him within 83 yards of becoming the 11th player in NCAA history with 7,000 career all-purpose yards.

4 Abdullah’s receiving touchdown in the second quarter was his 21st overall touchdown this season, including 18 rushing scores and three TD receptions. The 21 overall touchdowns are fourth on Nebraska’s season list. The touchdown was the 47th of Abdullah’s career, good for third on the Nebraska career charts.

4 The Nebraska defense had four takeaways in the first half, including two with Iowa in the Nebraska red zone. Today’s game marked the fifth time in 2014 the Nebraska defense has had three or more takeaways, including four in Big Ten Conference action. The four takeaways tied for the most in any game since Nebraska had six takeaways against Idaho in 2010.

4Sophomore safety Nate Gerry a first-quarter interception to end an Iowa scoring threat. The interception was Gerry’s team-leading fifth interception of the season, all in Big Ten play. Gerry’s five interceptions are the most by a Husker since Eric Hagg also had five interceptions in 2010. Gerry also totaled a career-high 15 tackles.

4Sophomore defensive tackle Maliek Collins had 1.0 sack and two tackles for loss in today’s game. The All-Big Ten candidate has 12 tackles for loss on the season and 3.5 sacks. Collins has made 10 of his 12 tackles for loss in Big Ten Conference play.

4 Linebacker Zaire Anderson caused a second-quarter Iowa fumble with a sack. The fumble caused was Anderson’s third of the season, all coming in the past three games. Anderson’s three fumbles caused are the most by a Husker since Alonzo Whaley caused four fumbles in 2012.

4 Anderson finished the game with a career-high 14 total tackles, increasing his team-leading total to 95. The double-figure tackle game marked Anderson’s fourth double-figure tackle game in the past five games. Anderson also has 12 tackles for loss on the season.

4 Tight end Cethan Carter had a career-long 34-yard reception to set up a touchdown in the second quarter. The 34-yard catch bettered his previous long of 26 yards vs. South Dakota State in 2013. Carter had two catches for 48 yards in the game, tying his career high in receptions and setting a career high in receiving yards.

4 Junior receiver Taariq Allen had a career-long 34-yard catch for a touchdown in the third quarter, bettering his previous career long of 14 yards vs. McNeese State. Allen’s touchdown catch was the second of his career, with the first at Northwestern in 2012.

Dear JoeHudson:

What's with all of the "4" s at the start of most paragraphs?

Sincerely,
SWB

Can we leave celebration on this thread?

Someone start a complaint thread, so we don't have to see this crap!

We won, and we should celebrate, period!

Dear CrnhskrBob:

WHY?

Are you afraid that the servers will run out of room?

There are many, MANY threads dismissing the win. Please. Please. I beg of you. I throw myself at your feet. Show mercy m'lord.

NOT AT ALL Respectfully.
SWB

Dear CrnhskrBob:

WHY?

Are you afraid that the servers will run out of room?

There are many, MANY threads dismissing the win. Please. Please. I beg of you. I throw myself at your feet. Show mercy m'lord.

NOT AT ALL Respectfully.
SWB

Dear SWB

Get real, ok? It was a way to say, complain elsewhere, so we can enjoy the win.

If you don't wish to abide, no big deal. I am just trying to enjoy a win, ok?

And, not respectfully? Who cares? You're immature, signing like that. I have never
given you a bad time, and I have respected you.........until now!

Last edited:

It truly pains you guys, huh?

Bell's contact was nothing more than happens on a ton of plays.

Why would it pain anyone? Your attitude is out of line and annoying. He was fortunate it wasn't called. How would you have reacted if it was called?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back