• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Nebraska vs Cal Poly - 3-9-18 - 1:35 p.m. - Game 2 - Haymarket Park

CrnhskrBob

Husker Immortal
20 Year Member
Well, we completely fell on our face in the 1st game.

Frankly, it all started to go downhill, when Brison Cronenbold started the game at shortstop!

Sorry, but he played terribly at shortstop. He just did not have it all through the game! He
just is not built to play ss..................at least, at this time. He caused us to give up at least 6/7 runs.

HE WAS DISASTROUS!!

Last edited:

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/baseba...cle_3aaf26b9-1b10-5beb-9ffb-f0cf67a842c0.html

Nebraska baseball loses late lead to Cal Poly; drops first home opener in 40 years!!!

LINCOLN — The solemn team meeting in left field was short and to the point on a chilly late Thursday afternoon at Haymarket Park. And the conversation was decidedly one-sided.

The message from Nebraska coach Darin Erstad to his players: This is not how we play. This is not how we’re supposed to play.

The biggest disappointment in the Huskers’ 14-8 loss to Cal Poly — NU’s first defeat in a home opener since 1978 — wasn’t offensive trouble or even the steep learning curve an inexperienced bullpen continues to navigate. On this day, three late-inning errors helped turn the tide as the Mustangs outscored the Huskers 10-0 in the final three innings while the hosts managed just a single base runner during that closing stretch.

“We pride ourselves on playing very well defensively,” Erstad said. “Had a couple chances to make a couple plays and get out of some innings and we didn’t do that. And then, after that, when you stop throwing strikes and you walk a lot of guys — and especially when it’s cold out — it gets very difficult to play defense because you lose the flow of the game. And then you have to really be concentrated. We did not take care of the baseball at all after that and it got very sloppy. And I’m not going to see that again.”

..............................................................................................................................................

Nothing in this article came close to what really happened:

Brison Cronenbold was atrocious at ss, today. And, I have to say, Darin should have pulled or switched his position in the mid or late innings, if not earlier! Brison was so out of sorts, he allowed Cal Poly to continuously keep men on base; he was sloppy, to say the least, at shortstop.

Darin, you could see, he was not ready to play shortshop on Thursday; he was unable to take care of the ball, period!

He is not the player to take responsibility at shortstop; find someone else, please. Sadly, every time the ball went to Brison, an incomplete play occurred,or a disaster occurred!!

Hey, sit his butt down this weekend, o.k? He is not ready, as of this time!!!

Sure, others goofed, but he kept Cal Poly in the game, every time he handled the ball!
:Redface::Redface::Redface:

Last edited:
Well, we completely fell on our face in the 1st game.

Frankly, it all started to go downhill, when Brison Cronenbold started the game at shortstop!

Sorry, but he played terribly at shortstop. He just did not have it all through the game! He
just is not built to play ss..................at least, at this time. He caused us to give up at least 6/7 runs.

HE WAS DISASTROUS!!

Your observations about Bryson yesterday are accurate, he obviously had an atrocious outing. Who knows what was going on with the young man. But last year in 31 games he only had 2 errors all year, and his fielding percentage was .967. He was actually a defensive replacement late in games in which we were ahead! So in fairness to Darin, it's not like he put the guy out there with no track record of decent fielding. It's always easier with hindsight and a seat in the stands or on one's couch. ;)

Batting Ave: up to .237 (230th)
ERA: 5.74 (212th)
Fielding: .967 (161st) 15 errors...seems like more
strike outs to BB ratio: 1.69 (194th)

Your observations about Bryson yesterday are accurate, he obviously had an atrocious outing. Who knows what was going on with the young man. But last year in 31 games he only had 2 errors all year, and his fielding percentage was .967. He was actually a defensive replacement late in games in which we were ahead! So in fairness to Darin, it's not like he put the guy out there with no track record of decent fielding. It's always easier with hindsight and a seat in the stands or on one's couch. ;)

I know I was rough on him, but it angers me that Darin left him in. I know he will come around, but it was obvious, he was toast, yesterday! Just should have pulled him, period!!

game in 15 min

Last edited:
I had a call, so was not ready for cp's new line up

Will just post it when I can.
starting P, Sr lhp Trent Shelton 1.89 era 3b 26k!! opp 260

HUSKER LINEUP:

Mojo lf
Repinski 2b
Schreiber 1b
Wilkening C
Altavilla ss :)
Roskam 3b