• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Nebraska vs Alcorn State

Glad to see they put it together in the second half and won the game.

Hey, anyone know Almeida's status? I haven't watched every game in it's entirety but don't think I've seen him yet this year?

Glad to see they put it together in the second half and won the game.

Hey, anyone know Almeida's status? I haven't watched every game in it's entirety but don't think I've seen him yet this year?

He hasn't played this year. He may end up redshirting this year.

Alcorn State is really bad. 2-7 on the season. I'll be shocked if they score more than 55 points -- could end up with less than 50.

According to the paper yesterday they were 1-7. With their only win being against an NAIA team in double OT. ESPN.com shows another win against a team called Blue Mountain...another NAIA team. They lost to university of New Orleans which is stepping down from D1 to D2. Alcorn St. may be the worst D1 team in the entire country. South Alabama put 102 on them. Point University (NAIA) scored 81 on them in regulation. fwiw.

According to the paper yesterday they were 1-7. With their only win being against an NAIA team in double OT. ESPN.com shows another win against a team called Blue Mountain...another NAIA team. They lost to university of New Orleans which is stepping down from D1 to D2. Alcorn St. may be the worst D1 team in the entire country. South Alabama put 102 on them. Point University (NAIA) scored 81 on them in regulation. fwiw.

yeah... the other win likely counts for nothing (but they did win 2.. actually both wins seem worthless)... regardless, that was a truly horrible team NU played -- and it's disturbing that the huskers didn't destroy them (and struggled for much of the game). maybe the excuse is that doc was tinkering with the lineup -- but in some ways, i think a rare blowout win might have been good for confidence -- not gonna have an easier opponent all season.

Last edited:

In other words, in year 5-6, whatever it is, (I lost count after 3) Doc has a pretty bad team, yet again! I remember much praise coming from a select few in regards to the potential this year.. I guess they forgot who was actually coaching the team.

Last edited by a moderator:
In other words, in year 5-6, whatever it is, (I lost count after 3) Doc has a pretty bad team, yet again! I remember much praise coming from a select few in regards to the potential this year.. I guess they forgot who was actually coaching the team.

Yes...indications are that if you can only score 23 on that team in the first half and lead by only 2 and score 60 for an entire game and only win by 14...you are a bad team.

Give me some perspective on the fan apathy right now, using Huskermax as an indicator.

Has there ever been a regular season game with so few posts?

fRed and jay clam up and all of the sudden there is nothing to post about.

This team is horrible in Doc's 6th year (or 5 whatever it is) and no one seems to care. The media, the fans...

Has Doc won (for himself--he's won nothing on the court) by being a nice guy yet a terrible coach?

Why comment?

All of you that are Creighton fans and fantasize that Creighton is more than it is are determined to ruin the board for Husker fans so that we that are fans can't discuss our concerns or our optimism without expecting another flood of stupidity in your Doc bashing. All because Doc hurt your feelings a few years back apparently.

Last edited:
Give me some perspective on the fan apathy right now, using Huskermax as an indicator.

Has there ever been a regular season game with so few posts?

fRed and jay clam up and all of the sudden there is nothing to post about.

This team is horrible in Doc's 6th year (or 5 whatever it is) and no one seems to care. The media, the fans...

Has Doc won (for himself--he's won nothing on the court) by being a nice guy yet a terrible coach?

fred can't handle people who disagree with him, plain and simple. Jay can't handle being wrong, so he has flipped positions in order to save face (he will slip back).

Why comment?

All of you that are Creighton fans and fantasize that Creighton is more than it is are determined to ruin the board for Husker fans so that we that are fans can't discuss our concerns or our optimism without expecting another flood of stupidity in your Doc bashing. All because Doc hurt your feelings a few years back apparently.

I would say "you're better than that" fRed...but you're not. It's not about Creighton. It's about Sadler's shortcomings.

You optimism isn't strong enough, apparently, for you to back it up v. the overwhelming opinion that Doc isn't going to cut it. None of the criticism of Doc is personal really...it's all based on the product that he has put on the court. One that can't score more than 23 points in the 1st half against a horrible team. If that were an aberration it could be dismissed. But it's the norm...and it's the main reason he'll never make it at Nebraska. The man is completely clueless on that end of the court. You have no credible response so you constantly p*** and moan about Creighton.

I would say "you're better than that" fRed...but you're not. It's not about Creighton. It's about Sadler's shortcomings.

You optimism isn't strong enough, apparently, for you to back it up v. the overwhelming opinion that Doc isn't going to cut it. None of the criticism of Doc is personal really...it's all based on the product that he has put on the court. One that can't score more than 23 points in the 1st half against a horrible team. If that were an aberration it could be dismissed. But it's the norm...and it's the main reason he'll never make it at Nebraska. The man is completely clueless on that end of the court. You have no credible response so you constantly p*** and moan about Creighton.

You don't even know what happened in the game. Seeing many of your missives in the past, and your Creighton imaginings of grandeur, while worth a chuckle or two, I can't say that you'd understand the game if you saw it.

For Nebraska fans, certainly there's reason for concern. The game seemed to be treated as a practice, especially with some of the odd line-ups in the 1st half. So, don't really know how to read it. Once Doc and the team turned it on late in the second half it was easy to see how big of a blowout it could've been.

You don't even know what happened in the game. Seeing many of your missives in the past, and your Creighton imaginings of grandeur, while worth a chuckle or two, I can't say that you'd understand the game if you saw it.

For Nebraska fans, certainly there's reason for concern. The game seemed to be treated as a practice, especially with some of the odd line-ups in the 1st half. So, don't really know how to read it. Once Doc and the team turned it on late in the second half it was easy to see how big of a blowout it could've been.

Granduer? Do elaborate.

NU should run away against a team like alcorn st. with 2nd and 3rd stringers. But they are no better coached on the offensive end than the 1st stringers. Maybe McDermott can hire his good friend Doc as his "defensive coordinator" if anyone at NU ever wises up and fires him.

Last edited:

In other words, in year 5-6, whatever it is, (I lost count after 3)
Let me see if I can help you with your memory. Their current record is 7-3.
Doc has a pretty bad team, yet again! I remember much praise coming from a select few in regards to the potential this year.. I guess they forgot who was actually coaching the team.
Can you share as much as a single link to a single post that is an example of "much praise coming from a select few in regards to the potential this year"? Please. Perhaps your memory isn't helping you today.

...and jay clam up and all of the sudden there is nothing to post about.

This team is horrible...?

HWJ's thread about starting 1-9 in conference play.
HWJ's thread about perhaps getting just 4 more wins all season.
HWJ's thread about the AD having a list of candidates to call when Doc gets the boot this year.
HWJ's thread about how the season will turn out and his prediction that Doc is gone soon.

Three Questions for COG:
1. Can you read?
2. What is your definition of 'clam up' & 'nothing to post about'
3. Are you hear to talk basketball or just to make baseless & nonfactual claims about other posters.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back