• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Nebraska @ Penn State Gameday Weather Forecast -- Updated Friday, Page 2, Post #22

HuskerWeatherman

Feral Cat
20 Year Member
State College, PA. Kickoff at 3PM CST/4PM EST.

This has the potential to be a bad weather game. A lot will hinge on the timing of a strong cold front that is due to move through Central PA on Saturday. Very rainy ahead of that front. Cold and windy behind the front.

Two timing options in regards to the rain ... 1. Saturday morning/early-afternoon rain. Mostly or all done before kickoff. 2. Rain moves in right around kickoff and continues for most of the game.

It is likely to be windy regardless of the timing of the front. Would just be a matter of when the wind switches from south to north.

If the front holds until closer to kickoff, could sneak in 45-50 degrees (but with rain). If the front moves in early in the day, temperatures may not make it to 40 -- with a strong, cold, north wind.

It won't be a nice day regardless. Just a matter of determining if it will be a cold, windy day/evening -- or a not as cold but rainy day.

Looks like it will be a game that favors the team that is capable of running the ball.

Look for an update later in the week.

Last edited:

Bring on the bad weather! Unfortunately, it might be the only chance to keep the game respectable.

If we could run the ball and win a game in the trenches, I'd agree.

Penn State may just hand the ball off the Barkley 40 times, and I'd guess it will be a bit of a challenge for our defense to stop him (wink, wink).

Snow would be much preferable to cold, wind-driven rain.

But I think most or all of the precipitation is ahead of the cold front, when it will be well above-freezing and rain.
I gotcha, but snow games sure are fun to watch. In this case, it'd probably help NU. Give me the cold rain then. May as well.

Last edited:

Snow would be much preferable to cold, wind-driven rain.

But I think most or all of the precipitation is ahead of the cold front, when it will be well above-freezing and rain.

I'll second that. I hated, absolutely HATED playing in a cold rain. Snow and really cold temps didn't bother me much. Something about getting soaked to the bone with a cold rain slowed my already slow twitch muscle fibers. Major suckage.

Very rainy ...... :eek:

First thought, natural grass.

Could be shorten game ala Frost's crew vs Cincinnati game.

Last edited:

Great. Really excited to be attending this game in person. Really, really excited. So glad I picked this game. Yay.
Just dont make a bet with with the rowdy guys by you. We were giving each other crap before the game..light hearted and fun. Made a bet I would go buy a Row the Boat shirt and wear it on next Saturday if we lost. Then they started the game and kicked off:O O:

Last edited:

Just dont make a bet with with the rowdy guys by you. We were giving each other crap before the game..light hearted and fun. Made a bet I would go buy a Row the Boat shirt and wear it on next Saturday if we lost. Then they started the game and kicked off:O O:
No one will think any less of you if you just burn that shirt. :Sneaky:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back