• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Nebraska @Penn St - May 20, 2017 - @Medlar Field - 10 A.M. CTRL -For all the marbles! Game 3

CrnhskrBob

Husker Immortal
20 Year Member
For me, that is 9 a.m.! Don't want to miss Jake pulverizing psu!!

Huskers Top Penn State in Game Two, 3-1

TOTECFORXQUWMMH.20170513221720.JPG

Luis Alvarado homered in the ninth inning on Friday night.
Photo Courtesy Stephanie Carpenter/Nebraska Communications

Courtesy: NU Athletic Communications
05/19/2017

University Park, Pa. – The Nebraska baseball team (33-18-1, 15-7-1 Big Ten) stays in contention for a Big Ten title after notching a 3-1 win over Penn State (18-36, 4-19 Big Ten) at Medlar Field at Lubrano Park on Friday night.

Senior right-hander Derek Burkamper made his 13th start of the season and threw 5.0 scoreless innings. Jake McSteen (2.2 innings) and Luis Alvarado (1.1 innings) made relief appearances.

In the top of the first, all three Husker batters were retired with two strikeouts. Penn State threatened to score with a pair of base runners, but a ground out to second base ended the inning.

The rest of the article (which doesn't really tell how Mojo saved the game):

http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=100&ATCLID=211601298

Highlights were not on huskers.com when I got home. Looking forward to seeing Mojo's great save in the 9th!

:)

I work until 2:00 pm today, so I will miss the entire game. I will be checking in, though, when I get a chance.

Here we go!!!! GBR!!!!!!! Time for the boys to relax and have some fun... get some dingers, make some plays.... end it with a dog pile....

I work until 2:00 pm today, so I will miss the entire game. I will be checking in, though, when I get a chance.

Bless you. I rarely comment in these threads but try to check in periodically to see how the games going. You're one of them that's always keeping the rest of us up to speed. Always know if I cannot find the score online, check the BBS thread of the game. You guys never fail.

I seldom post on the baseball forum (do read it and watch the games) but hope this is going to be a RECORD day for the Husker nation. I could be mistaken but I think this would be Nebraska's FIRST MENS Big 10 championship in a major team sport? I consider mens football, basketball, baseball the major sports. Not taking anything away from other sports like Track and Field but this a big deal if we can win a Big 10 Conference Championship today!
GBR

Our National Anthem:

God bless all those who have served our great Nation.
We thank you all from the bottom of our hearts! :Bow:

I presume, Jake Meyers will lead off.

This game is for all the Huskers have worked for!!

We win, we win the pennant! It is as simple as that!

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back